Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks for this great forum, its so helpful and entertaining at the same time. I'm a British Kenyan Kiwi living between Auckland and Nairobi and I'm looking to get a Tesla S for Auckland. I was lent a silver 70 for a weekend and from that moment I determined we wanted one (that's my wife and I). I drive a Range Rover P38 in Kenya (for safety and comfort and long drives) and an old 1992 Subaru wagon workhorse in Auckland. Both dark green. EV is the way to go especially as we get more green and conscious of the environment. I'm sick of buying petrol and throwing cash down the spout. Any tips on export from UK, import to NZ, buying a used S (I was so delighted with the S 70 but I don't know how it compares with other models) from Tesla fans will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and safe driving.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Tesla have an official presence in New Zealand. Have you looked in to whether they would deal with an imported car?

How much cheaper are they in the UK to make importing worth it?

If Tesla NZ disown an imported car, who will maintain it? Will it be able to supercharge? Will the LTE/UMTS radio with EU SIM have roaming in NZ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zap fizzle, that's very useful, I appreciate the time you took. I'll look into those issues. Cars are up to twice the cost in NZ. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts