Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I've built a Mobile App for the longer journeys and I'd appreciate some feedback
Just plug in your destination, your current battery range and hit a button and get suggested stops. View the legs of the journey and hit the navigate button and Google maps takes you there turn by turn .

Its a native Mobile app instead of a web app

Please take a look our prototype and let me know what you think here is: Navcharge Demo

If you are interested sign up here and help me make improve it: beta.navcharge.com

Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think you're about three years out of date. Definitely time for an upgrade!
That's a no then!

This is the point that Ecotricity are falling down on. They are just focus on iPhone apps hence its all starting to fall down for them.
Maybe you need to look at a more internet based appt.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I can understand it - BB is old and incredibly difficult to write apps for, for a tiny number of users. Even for free stuff there's a point where you have to say it's not worth it.

OTOH iphone, android and windows phone can share 90% of the same code if you use something like xamarin, so it's not a lot of effort to code for those 3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am interested.
Will it work on a Black Berry?
Hi there, @Electric Van Man thanks for getting in touch, Blackberry isn't a platform were are considering at the moment, unless we have a huge influx on demand , currently we are focussing on iOS and Android at the moment as the app will also have navigation so we will have to focus on a native app

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's a no then!

This is the point that Ecotricity are falling down on. They are just focus on iPhone apps hence its all starting to fall down for them.
Maybe you need to look at a more internet based appt.
Is not me developing it, he might go retro and do blackberrys and commodore64's. I'm just commenting that gadgets go out of support after a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts