Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

We have set-up a new energy company - and we are designing tariffs specifically for EVs. We believe we can deliver very substantial savings for each EV driver.

We are looking for EV drivers who are interestes in our trial tariffs and want to experience the extra savings on their monthly energy bills. As an indication - the night tariffs could be as low as 8p per KwH - saving at 3500 KWH - about GBP 100 per year - and we think we can even go lower than this.

Please contact [email protected]

or write on this thread.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My house had an economy 7 meter when I moved in 20 years ago.
I've been with ovoenergy for the last few years, with a smart meter.
I just looked to see what I pay
Electricity (night):6.25p/kWh

just quoting a single figure isn't that useful without knowing the day rate, standing charge,
and what about gas? what rate and standing charge, discount for dual fuel or direct debit?
do you pay interest on credit balances?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for your quick response. You are absolutely right - one number does not tell the full story. We are pretty confident we can be more competitive then OVO. We can send you a more detailed quote including Standing charge, Gas, dual fuel discount, Direct Debit, etc.

Normally we ask people to email us a picture of their bill (they can black out the name/address) to [email protected]

Otherwise, if you are not comfortable, then maybe you can provide us own this thread with:
Electric tariffs and standing charge
Gas tariff and standing charge
Any discounts
Annual Gas and Electricity consumption.

Regards,

Vincent Tuk

·
Registered
612 Posts
SC is 26p/day, and day unit rate is about 17.5p but less important because I have solar panels and a Powerwall, thus use v. little daytime grid electricity for 7-8 months a year.
Many EV owners also have solar panels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SC is 26p/day, and day unit rate is about 17.5p but less important because I have solar panels and a Powerwall, thus use v. little daytime grid electricity for 7-8 months a year.
Many EV owners also have solar panels.
Thank you Bryand. First of all - great to hear of such a forward looking energy customer, set-up with PV and storage for optimised self consumption. How much residual KWH do you buy day-time - do you know?

·
Super Moderator
11,320 Posts
Ok - I'll bite.

I can't switch right now but would be able to switch in a month or two.

I live in North Wales (MANWEB) and use about 7600kWh per year.

My current tariff is:

Tonik Energy Ltd. Positive Energy v3
Fixed for 12 months no exit fee.
Unit Rate 13.661 per kWh
Standing Charge 21.50p per day

Estimated Annual £1,116.69

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,886 Posts
I am assuming that you will also need to know roughly where someone lives?

I live in AB42 and burn about 12k kWh per year, not using Economy 7 and have no gas at the property. Paying 12.55p/unit with a £7.14 per month DD discount. Standing charge is £93.33 per year.

Would I save with you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok - I'll bite.

My current tariff is:

Unit Rate 13.661 per kWh

Ok - I'll bite.

My current tariff is:

Unit Rate 13.661 per kWh

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information. We are currently working to complete our EV specific electricity quotation tool. A quick glance would suggest a potential saving of min GBP 100, however it could reach GBP 150+ dependent on a few more questions, for example when you are charging your EV. We aim to complete this in the next week.

Regards,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am assuming that you will also need to know roughly where someone lives?

I live in AB42 and burn about 12k kWh per year, not using Economy 7 and have no gas at the property. Paying 12.55p/unit with a £7.14 per month DD discount. Standing charge is £93.33 per year.

Would I save with you?
Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the information. We are currently working to complete our EV specific electricity quotation tool. We aim to complete this in the next week.

Your saving should be min GBP 90 per year - possibly significantly higher - however - your direct debit discount of GBP 85 per year seems usually high - are you sure? You could email us a picture/scan of your bill - to [email protected] feel free to black out your detailed name/address.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All,

In our introduction - we mention a night tariff of 8p - we believe we can get to 6p. However, we will confirm this over the next week as we complete our EV specific quotation tool.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,886 Posts
Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the information. We are currently working to complete our EV specific electricity quotation tool. We aim to complete this in the next week.

Your saving should be min GBP 90 per year - possibly significantly higher - however - your direct debit discount of GBP 85 per year seems usually high - are you sure? You could email us a picture/scan of your bill - to [email protected] feel free to black out your detailed name/address.
D'oh - guess what... that is per YEAR, not per month... and online-discount not DD discount... so £7.14 per year
rate.PNG

·
Militant EV driver!
4,934 Posts
I'd be interested but you'd have to beat Good Energy's Economy 7 rate for the southern region.

I'll have to check the specifics later but our annual spend is around 850 GBP and no gas.

Also, what is your energy mix?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Matt,

That makes a lot more sense. Based on the information so far - we would provide high level annual saving of GBP 125. This could be higher if we use of more detailed online quotation tool which we aim to complete over the next week.

You could email us a picture/scan of your bill - [email protected] - feel free to black out your detailed name/address (but leave first half of postcode).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts