Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm after a used GTE to purchase before the end of the month - my eGolf isn't going to cut it in the Lake District and having previously had a GTE I know this will be the perfect solution.

Preferably looking for a well maintained bargain, ideally with panoramic roof and leather interior, but open to all offers.

Please message me if you're looking to sell.

Much appreciated

· Registered
121 Posts
Hi.

I am selling a highly specified Onyx White (Pearl White, £1000 cost option) GTE (Tesla Model 3 LR arriving this coming Saturday).

Other cost options:
  • Panoramic sunroof.
  • Winter pack (heated seats, rear view camera, dual zone climate control)
  • Navpro navigation
  • Rear camera
Excellent condition inside and out.

Full VW service history including recent (expensive) cambelt change service.

4 recent high quality and appropriate (Michelin) tyres.

Recent VW battery recall - battery confirmed to be in good condition (fully charged shows range ~26 miles during Winter, i.e. now / ~32 miles summer).

Same family run from new - initially as a lease car, then purchased from lease co. (so 2 owners showing).

~34,000 miles, would accept £15,000.

Based in Sussex...which of course isn't terribly convenient for the Lake District!

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.

I am selling a highly specified Onyx White (Pearl White, £1000 cost option) GTE (Tesla Model 3 LR arriving this coming Saturday).

Other cost options:
  • Panoramic sunroof.
  • Winter pack (heated seats, rear view camera, dual zone climate control)
  • Navpro navigation
Excellent condition inside and out.

Full VW service history including recent (expensive) cambelt change service.

4 recent high quality and appropriate (Michelin) tyres.

Recent VW battery recall - battery confirmed to be in good condition (fully charged shows range ~25 miles during Winter, i.e. now / ~32 miles summer).

Same family run from new - initially as a lease car, then purchased from lease co. (so 2 owners showing).

~33,000 miles, would accept £15,000.

Based in Sussex...which of course isn't terrible convenient for the Lake District!
Hi whyone, thanks for your reply. Sounds interesting- what year are we talking? Could you send/upload some pictures?

Much appreciated

· Registered
121 Posts
Hi whyone, thanks for your reply. Sounds interesting- what year are we talking? Could you send/upload some pictures?

Much appreciated

Ah yes, missed that detail, sorry! Its a 65 plate car.

My plan was to get some pictures sorted this weekend (weather permitting) with a view to advertising properly over the coming weeks (maybe waiting until the New Year before putting it on Autotrader) - I'll post here once I have taken them.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes, missed that detail, sorry! Its a 65 plate car.

My plan was to get some pictures sorted this weekend (weather permitting) with a view to advertising properly over the coming weeks (maybe waiting until the New Year before putting it on Autotrader) - I'll post here once I have taken them.
Thanks - look forward to seeing them

· Registered
104 Posts
As someone who lived in the Lake District and now lives just outside the national park I'm still a little confused why the e-Golf won't cut it?

Admittedly there's not huge amounts of charging points everywhere but usually people in the area don't travel that far within the Lake District daily anyway.

I'm a GTE owner but that was more because I couldn't afford the e-Golf not because of where I live. Plus I much prefer the GTEs looks! I still manage to do 99% of my driving on electric I just have to charge a lot

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As someone who lived in the Lake District and now lives just outside the national park I'm still a little confused why the e-Golf won't cut it?

Admittedly there's not huge amounts of charging points everywhere but usually people in the area don't travel that far within the Lake District daily anyway.

I'm a GTE owner but that was more because I couldn't afford the e-Golf not because of where I live. Plus I much prefer the GTEs looks! I still manage to do 99% of my driving on electric I just have to charge a lot
Hi Robb, thanks for your message. The problem is, once per week I will need to make a significant drive which will take 3+ hours, using the motorway - I want to be able to do this journey as quickly as possible, without having to stop to charge. The e-Golf is a fabulous car, but ours has no heat pump and in the cold winter months is probably giving less than 99 miles range with minimal heating on - driving on the motorway will reduce this even further. I've wracked my brains for another option, but can't seem to find one other than to get a different car...

· Registered
104 Posts
Hi Robb, thanks for your message. The problem is, once per week I will need to make a significant drive which will take 3+ hours, using the motorway - I want to be able to do this journey as quickly as possible, without having to stop to charge. The e-Golf is a fabulous car, but ours has no heat pump and in the cold winter months is probably giving less than 99 miles range with minimal heating on - driving on the motorway will reduce this even further. I've wracked my brains for another option, but can't seem to find one other than to get a different car...
Aye makes sense, are you a single car household?

As much as I love the GTE it just seems a step backwards for someone who's made the switch to BEV. Would a different BEV not achieve the 3 hour range?

Not meaning to talk you out of a GTE as you already know they are a fantastic bit of kit and tick all the boxes

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aye makes sense, are you a single car household?

As much as I love the GTE it just seems a step backwards for someone who's made the switch to BEV. Would a different BEV not achieve the 3 hour range?

Not meaning to talk you out of a GTE as you already know they are a fantastic bit of kit and tick all the boxes
The second car is a work vehicle, so no other options there unfortunately. I was looking at the KIA eNiro, but despite the impressive range I'm too worried that in winter it would have the same problem- unfortunately not being able to test drive it for a couple of hours in real world conditions it's too much of a risk to get one. Which leads me back to the GTE, which is a great car to drive and other than this journey every week, I hope the daily commute of 30miles round trip will be mostly EV driving. In the meantime I'm going to lend the eGolf to a relative and hope that in future I can figure out a way to not have to do the weekly drive!

· Registered
121 Posts
As promised a few photo's of the car, quickly snatched a little earlier between showers.

I have washed the car for the photo's but it hasn't been waxed for a couple of weeks. Hopefully they give a fair reflection of condition.
I've left the registration visible so people can check the MOT history (nothing to hide there!)

Automotive design Daytime Vehicle Land vehicle Glass

· Registered
121 Posts
Satnav, duel zone climate control and heated seats.

We're currently averaging 92.6 mpg...

Battery confirmed by VW to be in good condition - this morning the guess-omiter is showing an estimated range of 26 miles.

In warmer weather this creeps up to ~32 miles.

Both very decent figures for a GTE of any age I believe?

Rear view camera...

Interior still in fine fettle.

...as are both 'engines'!

Full VW service history including recent cam belt change on the 1.4 TSi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.