Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His comments on non american made cars is telling looking at were they are made to decide a buying decision.
In passing he suggested that if the right people are hired then German made cars could be the best with the latest paint shop tech.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I heard for the UK early 2022 for a Model Y delivery and 2023 for a Cybertruck. In addition without knowing what will happen with Brexit it might push the cost up of all EU made Tesla's.

Good news for me ... I might be able to upgrade to the Cybertruck in 2023. They have my £100 for now!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
I don’t think cybertruck is coming to Europe for a while yet. They need to make an EU spec version and they’ll be making all they can in Texas just to meet NA demand.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
If it's not out in 3 years It will be a massive let down .... when I put my deposit down in 2019 it was estimated as late 2020-2021 to confirm the order. Ok I get that Tesla time (especially for the UK) is add another year ... and I'm being generous that it will be 2023.

Anyway I thought apart from the Model 3, the Berlin factory would do all the EU Tesla's once complete?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussed in detail in other threads already but I can't see the US spec Cybertruck as presented at reveal selling in Europe without a significant redesign (and likely scaling down of size and load carrying/towing capacity) to meet EU safety regulations. And that's not likely to happen in a hurry as they'll want to fulfil the US market first.

Anyone putting down a deposit on the Cybertruck in the UK on reveal day was perhaps a little naive and should have been thinking "how on earth is that thing going to be allowed on roads here"... Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but we'll see. All I'm saying is, don't hold your breath, and if something does eventually arrive, don't be disappointed if it's considerably watered down on the US version.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
Well, it is possible to drive an F150 on UK roads. I've seen one.

Any no-one's going to care about shopping trolley dings when they own a Cybertruck.

And roads? You don't need roads with a Cybertruck...

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Well, it is possible to drive an F150 on UK roads. I've seen one.

Any no-one's going to care about shopping trolley dings when they own a Cybertruck.

And roads? You don't need roads with a Cybertruck...
Since you were an active participant in the thread I'm referring to I know this is just another one of your windups... ;)

Somehow I don't think a large but conventionally constructed F150 and a stainless steel exoskeleton Cybertruck are quite the same thing when it comes to safety regulations, especially for those outside the vehicle who might be on the receiving end of an incident.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
Since you were an active participant in the thread I'm referring to I know this is just another one of your windups... ;)

Somehow I don't think a large but conventionally constructed F150 and a stainless steel exoskeleton Cybertruck are quite the same thing when it comes to safety regulations, especially for those outside the vehicle who might be on the receiving end of an incident.
Well they go through the same certifications.

Or are you saying the F150 went through EU certification?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cubertruck was probably too big for American roads. Did anyone see Jay Leno on Youtube with Elon when he’s straddling way across the centre line? They talked about the size too

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
Cybertruck is the same dimensions (roughly) as an F150. That's the best selling vehicle in the US.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts