Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve developed a problem with the DAB on the car,works fine until it rains.
Then nothing at all.
I’ve checked the aerial and it’s fine.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,611 Posts
Could it be that you are in a marginal signal area, DAB is either on or off? Perhaps the rain is curring the signal down. The DAB unit is under the floor in the boot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It works on the same road every day,it’s a motorway run for 41 miles so it’s definitely something getting wet.
Bloody thing.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,611 Posts
Before going to the trouble of resealing the aerial base you could try wrapping it in insulating tape to try and make it waterproof and see how you get on. If it's still an issue then it's not the aerial.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
In the last 12 months my dab has just stopped working 3 times. Once on a long drive. Was working next day,

But now you mention it it was raining at least one off those time prob two.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,611 Posts
I just remembered that my DAB would cut out if I was parked listening to the radio (whilst getting a wee top up). It shut down after the timer and I switched the radio back on again to continue listening, I had to go to FM to get any reception. Any time it lost reception that was it lost until the next shut down and start up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just remembered that my DAB would cut out if I was parked listening to the radio (whilst getting a wee top up). It shut down after the timer and I switched the radio back on again to continue listening, I had to go to FM to get any reception. Any time it lost reception that was it lost until the next shut down and start up.
Sounds exactly what mine is doing.
No dab,turn off,back on and switch to fm then back to dab.
But not if it’s raining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts