Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B******s what a twat, i have lost the keys for my chargemaster unit (yes both on the same keyring :oops: ).Anyone know if its easy to get replacements, cost etc or is there a work around perhaps with a small pair of long nosed pliers.Meanwhile its the old brick through the kitchen window and its baltic out there,i have to go to Highclere Castle tomorrow so need a good charge.Oh well best turn the heating up and put my headphones on to drown out the wifes nagging.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
B******s what a twat, i have lost the keys for my chargemaster unit (yes both on the same keyring :oops: ).Anyone know if its easy to get replacements, cost etc or is there a work around perhaps with a small pair of long nosed pliers.Meanwhile its the old brick through the kitchen window and its baltic out there,i have to go to Highclere Castle tomorrow so need a good charge.Oh well best turn the heating up and put my headphones on to drown out the wifes nagging.
Smack it with a hammer ?
Are they actual keys, or a generic 'cabinet'style key?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Lee Dalton A hammer does sound attractive but if i got one out now my missus would probably hit me with it.Its like the old style (or modern i dont know what they use now) caravan key.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I was told very firmly by the installation engineer not to lose the keys due to the difficulty in getting them replaced...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Qdos thats the ones. Just found the original paperwork with unit number key number so things maybe ok, will call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Ah! I keep meaning to find one of those to open the panel in my local chargers, so I can reset them after one user keeps unplugging without swiping to finish their session .......
They look like they could be kind of 'universal' !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Panic over i couldnt rest until i went over every minute of Sunday (thats when i last charged).Finally 11:30 on my way to Highclere and eureka i realised i wore a completley different jacket to normal on Sunday and had left them in the pocket when i hung it up.So had a good day at Highclere the Wife was so pleased she treated us to lunch and a cream tea result.

·
Super Moderator
7,508 Posts
Hopefully lesson learned!

Tbh I have never used the keys on mine, don't see the point of locking it!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Edd Beesley it was the keys that turn the charge unit on so no keys no charge,can you just leave it turned on and unplug and plug your car in? if so i have learnt something new today.

·
Super Moderator
7,508 Posts
@Edd Beesley it was the keys that turn the charge unit on so no keys no charge,can you just leave it turned on and unplug and plug your car in? if so i have learnt something new today.
Yes you can! I've never turned mine off.

·
Super Moderator
5,896 Posts
Same as Edd, never turned it off, if someone wants a charge that badly and they want to use my charger not a problem. BTW I would get cheesed off if it was every day.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Thanks to this thread I decided to check where my keys are, guess what? Can't find them. The last time was to do a Reboot. Just as well I never turn it off. Oh Well!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear about keys being locked in vehicles. Have you considered insuring them? For a small annual fee of £27 You'd be covered for any locksmith call out charges to get you back into your vehicle plus cover for replacement locks and keys should they be lost or stolen. Check out http://www.keycare.co.uk/buyonline/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts