Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Leaf lover
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking the dog yesterday morning in Maldon and came across a Renault Fluence plugged in to its own Polar point like mine. So had a nose (seems like something you can do with dog in toe) and it looks like a "lot of car", nice.

Super Moderator
Yeah the Fluence is nice, I'd have one instead of the Leaf if it didn't have the battery lease and it had rapid charging.

Similarly my GF now wants an EV, would like a Zoe, but the battery lease means she's sticking with her 500 for now.

Super Moderator
Well yes, Renault are definitely a problem too, but the lease is a total non starter for us!

Premium Member
Fluence are really only available used now as Renault has stopped manufacturing them.

If you look at the total cost of ownership, including the battery rental, it's a good value car. The two examples on Autotrader are at 拢7450/拢7610 which won't cost the earth to finance.

I looked long and hard at Fluence last autumn when dealers were clearing out demo stock. It's bigger than we needed and because it was designed for battery swapping (the Better Place Israel deal) it only has slow charging. But if you can live with its limitations it's a very affordable way into BEV motoring.

Super Moderator
If you're not looking at keeping and buying new then the lease works out great value in many cases. Don't be put off on principle if you're really keen.
It would be for a long period (her last two cars got moved along at 12 and 10 years of age), with low mileage, so the lease is both more expensive and a principle we don't like :( Maybe that could be overcome for a nicer car (the electric 500 would fit the bill, really not sure why it's not offered here!) but the Zoe is just so-so in its appeal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts