Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the hype and anticipation I have not been let down! The long stop/start drive to work and back is transformed (without a clutch pedal and a gearstick), car is instantly responsive, really starting to enjoy B Mode it’s a great way to decelerate, wife is definitely warming to it, Oh and that 0 to 60 in 11.5 seconds is utter nonsense!, car reaches 60mph around 7 mississippi!

Not sure about the little tree things in the upper screen. I would prefer the drive mode to be up there where I can see it clearer

We had a day out yesterday, 4 of us, drove up the east coast. Rapids at Alnwick, Haggerston and St Boswell’s all worked perfectly, redundancies not required. Quite a long, charge consuming, climb from Berwick to St Boswell’s, coming back of course used lots less. We are considering using the leaf to travel to Glasgow (from Newcastle) though I still think that’s a bit risky. We will see. So, loving my Leaf :)

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Always interesting, but loads of people have been caught out by the 10% speedo over-read on the Leaf which makes the 0-60 seem quicker than it really is.
The performance is about spec *but* it is 100% easily usable unlike an ICE where you have to rev the engine, balance the clutch, snatch the gear change etc. Also with the instant response you can ambush people before they can react. So I''m told ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
There is a way of adjusting the speed displayed. I'll have to do some searching as I read it on another forum.

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also with the instant response you can ambush people before they can react.

Yes that can surprise people especially at roundabouts. A driver yesterday moved across lane clearly not expecting anyone to be there (I was there!). This car's instant, rev free movement is something that I think will surprise many road users for years to come.

·
Super Moderator
7,570 Posts
The Leaf is certainly fast off the line, but seems to start easing off at about 40mph. That feeling of constant torque pushes you well past 70mph in the Tesla. EV's are going to be A LOT of fun to drive in the future! :D

Reactions: nattydread

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I will be handing over the leaf after 3 years in a couple of months, and even though I am upgrading I feel a sense of loss, its the first car in a long time that I really enjoy driving.

A lot of journalists talk about the tesla grin, but the leaf grin is just as big, put the car in D and hit the "electron" pedal and off you go grinning like an idiot :p

·
Super Moderator
7,570 Posts
A lot of journalists talk about the tesla grin, but the leaf grin is just as big, put the car in D and hit the "electron" pedal and off you go grinning like an idiot :p
But an environmentally responsible idiot, at least! :D

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
There is a way of adjusting the speed displayed. I'll have to do some searching as I read it on another forum.
I read that there was a hidden menu on the USA forums via a key combo.
I actually got into it once but haven't been able to since I got a software update.
It's either finger trouble or you can't get to it any more.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
I read that there was a hidden menu on the USA forums via a key combo.
I actually got into it once but haven't been able to since I got a software update.
It's either finger trouble or you can't get to it any more.
If that's the same one that allows back-up camera adjustment and such, it's still there. :)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts