Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super day out today, reached 14C in the Portsmouth area early afternoon. My car began the day as usual, estimating 29 miles in the battery - but I just plugged the car in having done 32.9 miles today, with the battery meter still estimating another 10 miles left - astonishing difference a few degrees and some sunshine makes! Bodes well for spring and summer :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I don't know whether it's the new battery, or the weather (though it only just hit 10C) but this was taken yesterday:

Unfortunately this doesn't quite qualify me for the 50 mile club as I did a partial recharge in the middle (and still had an estimated 25 miles remaining when I took this), but it looks promising for the summer.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or if it's just me, but both yesterday and today the range estimate seems to have been jumping all over the place: at one point yesterday it was estimating 25 miles then a bit later said 33 miles.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Duncan said:
Unfortunately this doesn't quite qualify me for the 50 mile club as I did a partial recharge in the middle (and still had an estimated 25 miles remaining when I took this)
A full charge would be about 10.6-10.7 kWh, you have achieved 50+ in 10.1kWh, in my book you've done enough to make the 50 club, even if it wasn't a 'pure' single charge, but I'm sure you'll be able to repeat it on one hit when its warm..

For me the weather at the weekend was good (8-10 C) and I was getting good ranges, which is reassuring that it'll get good in the summer, but its been frosty, foggy and cold (3C now) again in the Midlands this week, and I'm back to low range days..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting seeing how the seasons affect the car isn't it, this has been the first winter with the car for all of us in the UK after all. I should add that until Monday, when the weather improved, I'd had my climate control always on Max, full auto, as I like to warm and cosy :) Turned it to Eco Monday morning, so that was also a factor in yesterdays range. I love this car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, it's a relief to get some decent mileage back with the warmer weather. I had been getting around 32 over the cold days and sometimes under 30, but with the warmer weather have jumped up to over 40 immediately.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Parax said:
A full charge would be about 10.6-10.7 kWh
Today I got 10.9kWh from a single charge without any recharging in the middle. I did however use hold mode so I suspect I must have inadvertently 'gamed' it a bit. Either that or Chevrolet have been sneakily increasing battery capacity again without telling anyone. I'm looking forward to the next excuse I have to use a full charge without hold mode to see what I actually get.

As far as mileage goes though it was a pretty feeble 29.4 miles. :-( Cold and wet makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very sunny and quite warm here in Pompey today, got the Ampera plugged in on the drive in the sun, charging up from a bit of driving earlier and noticed for the first time this year the quiet whirring from under the bonnet of the cooling system managing the battery temperature. My first summer in the car begins...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.