Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed yesterday a I arrived home that the fuel tank was showing roughly 50 miles of range, but swapped to read 'low' just before I parked up.
Not a very helpful message, is there some way to get the estimated range back on the display ?

If not I guess I just need to keep driving and see what happens when 'low' becomes 'empty' .......

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Didn't realise it did that. I suspect it's because it can't be accurate for the last gallon as it totally depends on the driving conditions at the time, and could lead you to think there's more in the tank than there is.
As I understand it, if the petrol engine runs out completely, it lets you have a bit of the last precious 20% of the battery at reduced power just to get you to a petrol station - but I don't recommend you try it!!

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt planning to run out totally, if I could help it. But I can pick a route that goes past a few fuel stations just in case.

As that'll probably happen over the weekend, I'll let you know if it does anything exciting :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
not on my 2yr old car Low is all you get.. (got it back from a service like that once.. had no clue how much it had!)

·
Registered
707 Posts
As I understand it, if the petrol engine runs out completely, it lets you have a bit of the last precious 20% of the battery at reduced power just to get you to a petrol station - but I don't recommend you try it!!
This is what I understand as well... although I have no intention on ever testing it out. I agree that the loss of the remaining estimated range is less-than-helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts