Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,612 Posts
The 50k one may still have some warranty on it (8 years or 100,000 miles HV drivetrain warranty and not just the battery as some VX dealers and VX customer services might tell you), could be good if you have a reasonable Ampera authorised dealership within relatively easy reach. In saying that £2,000 could pay for a lot of repairs, or a big chunk of anything really major.

·
Twin Amperas
61 Posts
If I could go to 9k I would definitely spend the extra 2k for half the mileage, but if 7k was my limit I would be fine with 110k miles they can easily double that and more...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
The 110k one may well be in need of new CV joints! Mine at 84k got an advisory as a boot was leaking grease, so I swapped both sides for new ones completely. Got the old ones refurbed (& have sold them on), and the guy reported they were worn, one side worse than the other. A few guys in here have also renewed their CVs, needs a bit of shopping around to get aftermarket replicas to keep cost down. More expensive if if you import the genuine GM parts from USA as I did, and £700 ish if you let the Vx dealers do it!!!
Read the thread in here about this, for he gory details!

Haven't heard about Ampys needing suspension bushes, or new dampers etc, maybe these are lasting well? And check the state of the discs, not just the (more) visible outer face, but also the inside faces. Aftermarket parts are around £100 for the rears, 2 discs + pads, decent quality. Standard Astra bits I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts