Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member of Members
229 Posts
I take it it's still ' by ' the canal , and hasn't been 'in ' the canal
Yeah, it's parked up nearly every day by the bridge operators shack.

I assume it's the mileage that has dropped the price? it's a 62 plate with above average miles (85k) on the clock.
And only 15k miles of Voltec warranty left.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Maybe was offered a low trade in and decided to put on Autotrader? Silly really as I suspect an EV independent would have offered at least asking price and no hassle.

Edit: Just read text and going to France, so maybe got low offer from WBAC of around 6K and set price based on that?

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Yeah, it's parked up nearly every day by the bridge operators shack.

I assume it's the mileage that has dropped the price? it's a 62 plate with above average miles (85k) on the clock.
And only 15k miles of Voltec warranty left.
Seller does say they live on barge...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Going that way tonight, might call to see if i can view, have an interested friend.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,095 Posts
Seems a genuine price for a quick sale. If you work with book values and what is coming up at the moment, the market has not been kind to residuals, if you want to really 'sell' then don't expect the market to respect your personal valuation of them!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Seems about fair money to me. My car is a MY13 on a 14 plate with similar mileage, and I figure I wouldn't get close to 10k for it, if I decided to sell (which I don't want to).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Still cheaper than I paid for my post 100k 2012 a month ago But I spotted why it's so cheap..... it's White (Standing back awaiting abuse)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,267 Posts
Seems about fair money to me. My car is a MY13 on a 14 plate with similar mileage, and I figure I wouldn't get close to 10k for it, if I decided to sell (which I don't want to).
Ditto, but mine is a 63 plate and 89k, it's worth more to me than selling it and nothing comes close to being able to replace it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm picking it up at the weekend:D
I set up autotrader (along with Gumtree, eBay etc.) alerts, and just for once, they served well and I got in first!

He's a nice guy, seemed a genuine reason and he's not happy about selling it, and he did the honourable thing and let me see it first because I called him first. He said he'd had about 25 calls about it, including people saying they would come straight over with cash, and had a call from Romania about it while I was driving it!

It went through the MOT yesterday (which I covered the cost of, but was pretty keen to get done, with only 3 months left otherwise) with only advisories on front tyres and front pads starting to wear.

And I'm pleased it's white...I was resigned to a silver one a few weeks ago, that I turned out to miss out on anyway, thank goodness;)

Obviously they may not actually be selling, but it seems most cars either under 50k miles or on a plate later than a 12 plate are being advertised at 11 or 12k now, so I shouldn't get too dispondant about your car values! I'd had snapped up a my13 at under 10k, as long as it was under 100k miles:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm picking it up at the weekend:D
I set up autotrader (along with Gumtree, eBay etc.) alerts, and just for once, they served well and I got in first!
Good to hear you got it, you could flip that for close to 10k if you wanted I think...

I'm glad that someone else bought it. I was starting to think I should have it and I'm glad I've had that decision made for me :)

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Well done @Carl P and I am not surprised by the number of calls at the price for a genuine car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts