Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think this is a problem at all (at least I hope not), I'm just wondering what the car is trying to tell me. A 'Low Traction' message briefly came up on the DIC, this was after I had done a series of fairly heavy braking in order to use the brakes a bit and prevent any rust build up or problems with the brakes due to lack of use. This message fed my paranoia as I'm think 'traction battery' but I guess it must be something due to the braking (I was well impressed with the braking by the way, dead straight and to a stop without skidding). What was it trying to tell me/warn me?

I have had a low speed squeak from one of the front wheels recently, but the braking seems to have stopped that.

Then I have noticed a humming from the car when parked, sounded fairly loud, sat in the car and waited but it didn't die down, walked round the car and couldn't hear a thing. Then I checked climate control which is on Min, the fan was on a low setting, changing this to zero stopped the noise. I think @donald explained in a post, which I cant find, what else was going on here but I may be mistaken.

I think I expect too much from the car, the slightest odd noise and its like the worlds fell apart. Never been like this before, do I need counselling?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The 'low traction' warning just means the abs\stability control has kicked in due to braking hard or a slippery surface. Nothing to worry about. 'low traction' = 'low grip level'

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Nobody know what the future is like
+
Driving the future
=
Is that supposed to do/sound like that?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yup, as @roger davis said, it's triggered by one wheel having less traction than the others when braking.
Typically I find this is caused by drain covers or hitting potholes whilst braking.
Happens often when accelerating and you go over a man hole cover etc ,proves the Stability Program is is working ,
will happen an bit more in wet when you have the tyres up to 40 psi

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get any warning dings/sounds by any chance? I started getting that when cornering with new tyres on the rear, the noise was accompanied by the stability control warning light flashing.
No dings, bongs or other annoying warnings. I just happened to notice it when I glanced down, wasn't more than a second or two I feel sure. Scrolling through the messages when home there were none listed.
Very impressed with the braking though, brought to a stop fast and straight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts