Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen on the Hayle to Penzance road over the last few weeks.
1 x Renault Zoe with advert on side for LPG Autogas for sale in Redruth.
Ah the irony 馃槈
Is this the first EV to LPG conversion ? 馃.... Surely not reduced to being more useful as an advertising hoarding already ??
I'm aware of potentially turning EVs into world's most expensive paperweights if you get the jacking points wrong but....

Registered
Peugeot e-208
You've just made me shudder.

"Technically, new ICE cars are banned now. But if you buy this new Zoe and import a reconditioned engine from Jersey, we can retrofit it for just 拢10k. I know a bloke in the backstreets of Solihull who can still get you petrol."

Registered
If you did convert to LPG you would find that there are precious few filling stations. Both BP and Shell have decommissioned their LPG pumps and it鈥檚 only the independents who are selling it.

Registered
Our local farm supplies shop still has exchangeable LPG cylinders, including the black top ones for mounting horizontally on fork lift trucks etc. For those of us off the gas grid, having an LPG powered cooking hob at least enables us to make a cup of tea during an electricity power cut (these things still happen, and if it is a tree across the local 11kV power line, we can be off for 14 hours!!)

Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were on LPG til we went full electric - got the camping gas stove for the odd power outage 馃槈馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts