Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucid have finally launched the Air. Looks amazing. And big. And expensive...

Lots of decent tech: 900v architecture, L3-capable ADAS, micro-LED headlights, very cool motor/inverter/diff integration, V2H, V2V.

They are following the Tesla playbook very closely too: very fast cars, fast charging, free rapid charging (for a limited time), cool technology, limited number of colours/trims, home battery storage system, grid storage system, almost went bust a few times....

I think the cars look really nice. Probably too big for me (and the small boot would be an issue). Head to head against a fully-loaded MS P100D makes the P100D look distinctly "budget" (IMO).

Full Launch video is here:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,132 Posts
It is expensive - $100k to $160k before hitting the options list, according to Transport Evolved.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Absolutely love this car. Would look nice in my driveway. Actually, would look nice parked at my local Tesco although the size of the car would need two parking bay’s. Love the wheel design and the body styling with the slim lights.Makes a Tesla look a bit old hat ? Wonder if they intend to sell in the UK, lets hope we sign that UK/ USA trade deal asap !. Had a look at the Lucid website and did a virtual configure....we can but dream..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That's a tiny boot opening!
Also $169k + tax so getting on for $200k!
It will be interesting to see when they are able to actually start making them in any kind of volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also $169k + tax so getting on for $200k!
It will be interesting to see when they are able to actually start making them in any kind of volume.
Base model will be starting from $80k, thats in par with Model S long range.
Will have to wait for base model a year or two though..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Base model will be starting from $80k, thats in par with Model S long range.
Will have to wait for base model a year or two though..
The $200k isn't launching until later next year so the $100k (Inc tax) base model is unlikely to be available for 2 or 3 years at least. I doubt it will be coming to the UK in any case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@200k price they are not going to have long waiting lines, I bet 1 year after start of production they will deliver all premium orders and will have nothing else to do but to cater Base model orders.
It's just my opinion, we have to wait and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts