Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated my M3 yesterday to 2021.4.12.2 and it hasn’t gone to sleep since. Stats App says it has lost 14.8 miles of range in the last 20 hours just sitting in my garage.

Prior to the update, it would go to sleep within 30 mins of parking in the garage.

Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've not had any issues with my car falling asleep with the latest update.

Might be an obvious suggestion, but have you tried a hard reset?

EDIT

Just re-read your initial post and noticed that you use a stats app. Could it be your stats app that is keeping it awake?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not had any issues with my car falling asleep with the latest update.

Might be an obvious suggestion, but have you tried a hard reset?

EDIT

Just re-read your initial post and noticed that you use a stats app. Could it be your stats app that is keeping it awake?
I had thought it might be the Stats App, so force quit it, but my car is still whirring away several hours later. I’ve logged a service request with Tesla to see if they can see what is keeping it awake.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had thought it might be the Stats App, so force quit it, but my car is still whirring away several hours later. I’ve logged a service request with Tesla to see if they can see what is keeping it awake.
I'm not familiar with the Stats App so forgive my ignorance, but does it rely on a server to periodically ping your car to get the latest status? If so then force closing it won't solve the issue. If it doesn't use a server then ignore this statement. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to wait to see what Tesla says after performing their diagnostic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After 6 days my car has finally gone to sleep, but it lost 69 miles of range in those six days just sitting in the garage. I love my Tesla but this battery drain when it is not being used is awful. I have a mobile service visit booked for next Monday, it will be interesting to see what is said after that. But I bet it will be “can’t see any fault at the moment”.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a call from a Tesla engineer yesterday to say he thinks it is third party apps causing the car to stay awake. I‘m not sure I agree that the Tezlab & Stats apps I was using (and seem to be really popular) are the cause, but I agreed to stop using the apps for a week to see if the car still stays awake. I really liked Tezlab as it had a great widget for my phone to tell me that my car was asleep (without waking it up). The Tesla app wakes up the car as soon as you open the app.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts