Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an (unexpected) 'your new Tesla is almost ready for delivery' text this morning.

Does anyone have an idea of what the likely timeframe is from this point and how flexible they are with dates?

It mentioned a lot about non contact in the wake of the pandemic and to read the manual (like any true geek I did this for every car I was considering about 3 months before ordering). Are there any specific fit/finish/delivery issues that are common that I should look for, already aware about the panel for issues.

What cables and accessories should be included? Type 2 cable, 3 pin cable, floormats, anything else?

I've already got my trunk/frunk mats, wind strips and rainx in my Amazon basket...

For those that are interested, it was ordered through nhsfleet 6 weeks ago, performance, white, black pur.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think Tesla REALLY wants to deliver this car before the end of the month (financial quarter ends), so if they offer a delivery date in March and you ask for April, the car could go to someone else.

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
It’s unclear how much stock will get to the UK over the next few months.

Production has now stopped in Freemont so if you don’t take the car now it might be a wait for the next one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, no chance I'm turning it down when it comes, will just be difficult to organise time off work at very short notice with the way things are....

Home charger not installed yet, 105mile round trip to work and a limit on the free 7kw chargers of 5 hours... Gonna be tight, might just have to accept the charge level gradually dropping through the week and topping it up at the weekend....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Just had an (unexpected) 'your new Tesla is almost ready for delivery' text this morning.

Does anyone have an idea of what the likely timeframe is from this point and how flexible they are with dates?

It mentioned a lot about non contact in the wake of the pandemic and to read the manual (like any true geek I did this for every car I was considering about 3 months before ordering). Are there any specific fit/finish/delivery issues that are common that I should look for, already aware about the panel for issues.

What cables and accessories should be included? Type 2 cable, 3 pin cable, floormats, anything else?

I've already got my trunk/frunk mats, wind strips and rainx in my Amazon basket...

For those that are interested, it was ordered through nhsfleet 6 weeks ago, performance, white, black pur.
If everyone is able to do what they need to do there are several cars on the inventory listings that match your order.

As for what you get - you should get pretty much what you've listed cable wise - floor mats seem to be optional but that may be just the SR+ with the part premium interior

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My SR+ didn't have mats. Which is apparently par for the course.

It came with everything else: Type 2 cable, granny charger, hazard warning kit & removable tow bar (the one I took had that as an option).

I ended up using a pair of old rear mats from my Leaf in the front :D

When I returned the car I left them in. The fella doing the return inspection asked if they could keep them and I said "Sure", based on the guilt of handing it back.

Maybe Elon will take kindly to my mat inclusion and waive the 12 month rule once we get out of this!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies people, Ive had more emails since this morning, including one asking to provide delivery dates so the insurance can be set-up, so looks like its all-go.

The communications from nhs fleet seem to suggest tesla are using a bit of a loophole to continue to supply key-workers and get around the lockdown, which is nice.

Any info on what the common 'defects' are so I can quickly hunt them out and limit the amount of contact time I need to spend during the handover?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Thanks for the replies people, Ive had more emails since this morning, including one asking to provide delivery dates so the insurance can be set-up, so looks like its all-go.

The communications from nhs fleet seem to suggest tesla are using a bit of a loophole to continue to supply key-workers and get around the lockdown, which is nice.

Any info on what the common 'defects' are so I can quickly hunt them out and limit the amount of contact time I need to spend during the handover?
Quite a few checklists exist on the web... couple here...

·
Registered
143 Posts

Congratulations on your new car. I was wondering why it was hard for you to get time off work now, then saw the NHS leasing bit. I would have thought Tesla would deliver a car direct to you and the charge point company should prioritise your installation.

Thank you for what you and your colleagues are doing, and will be doing, for the rest of us, who have been given a simple instruction - to sit on the sofa in front of the TV all day - and we still seem to be screwing that up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations on your new car. I was wondering why it was hard for you to get time off work now, then saw the NHS leasing bit. I would have thought Tesla would deliver a car direct to you and the charge point company should prioritise your installation.

Thank you for what you and your colleagues are doing, and will be doing, for the rest of us, who have been given a simple instruction - to sit on the sofa in front of the TV all day - and we still seem to be screwing that up.
Thanks for the sentiments, thankfully I'm not on the very front line of A&E, intensive care or respiratory, but it's looking increasingly like it's all hands on deck in the near future.

Podpoint and Tesla seem to both be doing us a solid, so massive respect to them as well - amazing how a crisis brings out the best in some people and the worst in others.

·
Registered
670 Posts

Don’t recommend RainX on windscreen of your M3.
Plenty of folks have used it, but encountered lots of juddering or streaking.
I have used previously on my previous cars, as well as my son’s and daughter’s recently.
RainX fine on side and rear windows, windscreen for whatever reason gives more issues than benefits; especially when it takes lots of elbow grease and IPA to remove.
RainX is a cheaper product, has its benefits, but does need regular applications for maximum effect.
When we had our M3 ceramic coated, all glass except windscreen was ceramic coated; windscreen was CarPro Flyby30. Roof and side glass clear brilliantly.
Windscreen had initial issues, mainly not beading light rain until after 50mph.
Given product states beading starts at 30, disappointing was the word.
I was advised that heavier rain drops were needed, the weight is what’s pushing the glass clear.
Windscreen was decontaminated again, product reapplied 3 times as per instructions, 2nd time fine.
Its now been 5 months, windscreen still beads effortlessly with normal/heavy rain; very fine rain just sits, needing the wipers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just out of interest how do you justify picking up a new car and not breaking the quarantine rules? It doesn't seem like it falls in to.any of the categories.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I can travel to work.

At the moment, my wife who is a keyworker is getting a lift to work from her 72 year old father , when I've got the Tesla, she gets my car.

Also, I get the impression it's being delivered, not that it makes a logical difference...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you 100% need a car, are a key worker then pick your car up. Anyone else whos thinking that picking a EV up from tesla at the moment is a reason to leave the house needs a talking to. The cars will still be there after this is all over.

I was due to pick up this week , received a text from tesla saying is it essentially I got the car, said no and they have rescheduled.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ask the question because viewing the forums as I do from time to time I haven't seen significant change in attitude towards car collections. Despite the country being in lock down the 'yey, I got a delivery text, collection next Tuesday' posts seem the most prominent.

It feels like we should be holding each other to account more in these times, I have several loved ones around me who are at high risk, one in particular has such respiratory problems that she will certainly perish if she contracts the virus. So seeing people galavanting around for something as trivial as a car when there's no life-or-death need doesn't sit particularly well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you 100% need a car, are a key worker then pick your car up. Anyone else whos thinking that picking a EV up from tesla at the moment is a reason to leave the house needs a talking to. The cars will still be there after this is all over.

I was due to pick up this week , received a text from tesla saying is it essentially I got the car, said no and they have rescheduled.
I thank you for your sacrifice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it came.

So far, amazed, (and a little terrified), even found a free 50kw charger around the corner from me...

Came with a granny plug, type 2, tow hook and emergency kit. Front and rear floormats included. Have to wait a week or two to get the app linked up.

The contactless delivery was indeed contactless, the showroom was sealed up, I rang a bell, said I've come to pick a car up. They said it's over there, passed me the key emailed the documents to sign. Didn't even check an ID!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts