Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched episode 1 of this and thought it was good. I can see this series being useful for people who up until now have not seriously considered an EV.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes good for beginners- but what has happened to Fully Charged lately? They used to produce some excellent videos not just on EVs but on other energy savings gadgets.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes good for beginners- but what has happened to Fully Charged lately? They used to produce some excellent videos not just on EVs but on other energy savings gadgets.
Well, Bobby has been a bit pre-occupied for the last couple of months. Also, covered in latex.
He's been shooting more Red Dwarf with the rest of the gang.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
My 6 year old daughter watches Maddie Moat’s kids TV output, I can’t watch anything presented by her without feeling like I’m a school boy!

·
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wondered how long it would take

·
Registered
94 Posts
That was an excellent video for the vast majority of people who have no clue about EVs, although I fear she's in for a little disappointment when the disparity becomes clear between GOM range, maximum achievable range (when driving like a granny) and actual real world range when driving normally. She asks the right questions and explains things in a really accessible way. This sort of thing is really positive for the overall perception of EVs which is absolutely vital to the transition away from fossil fuels.

·
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Episode 2 now available:

·
Striving for a greener planet
358 Posts
So I first came across Maddie through Cbeebies. Great presenter and really inspirational for young kids. Everything in this video series seems to be going swimmingly well so far. All just so rosy and full of sunshine. Not sure how many have that experience. Also how did she get an e-Niro? Thought the waiting list was massive.

I see there was a preview of the rapid charging episode where she visits an Electric Highway charger. Can't wait to see that outcome in an e-Niro. 30 seconds and poof. Shutdown. Now if that all goes without a hitch there is definitely something up.

I've always wondered how in bed Fully Charged is with Ecotricity. I know Dale sponsors the live show, both Robert and Johnny are Ecotricity customers and Robert does their how to charging videos.

Robert does seem to skirt around any issues or flak he should dish out to the Electric Highway but had no issue having a pop at Ionity this week over their pricing. Never mentions the shambles that is EH and he now has a Kona so must be avoiding them like the plague. I do get a feeling that Fully Charged are tying to please anyone that's on the show. They are hardly ever critical. Every car review is amazing. Does tarnish it a bit for me. Preferred it when they seemed to be more impartial and indy, said what they wanted without fear of upsetting the manufacturers and getting no more press invites.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
She'd got the Niro on short term lease. Delivered with near sod all charge as well. I'd have moaned! Fancy delivering it with 20% to someone you know doesn't have home charging. That seems a bit mean.

I'd imagine they had planned for different cars and made sure they could get hold of whichever one she chose or they already knew which one she'd choose as they did the car choosing months ago and then filmed the actual arrival in closer to video release and will go on in real time from there.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I see there was a preview of the rapid charging episode where she visits an Electric Highway charger. Can't wait to see that outcome in an e-Niro. 30 seconds and poof. Shutdown. Now if that all goes without a hitch there is definitely something up.
I expect they'll take her to one of the new chargers Ecotricity have just started installing, those seem to be more... compatible on CCS.

·
Registered
592 Posts
To be fair, all the Ecotricity chargers I have tried that are actually up and running, work fine with my e-Niro. So wouldn't be surprised if they worked.

·
Striving for a greener planet
358 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I thought the Kona and e-Niro were basically the same underpinnings. The Kona definitely doesn't work. I've tried it myself and it just pinked out after about 30 secs repeatedly

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm North Essex Suffolk Borders so have charged at Capel st Mary both sides no problem; South Mimms; Thurrock and Heston on my London trips. All have been okay when they are actually up and running. Not unusual for them to be completely out of order though. Not something I do regularly as it's not necessary for that distance but I do check occasionally to see if there's a free charge going.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My first thought on this was that it's a joke - any non EVer is going to go to driveelectrics web page, see that for the only car, that this young intelligent TV star could settle on, they want you to pay a £4k initial rental, and £5k in lease costs each year - and then promptly say "f??k that" and go off EVs forever !

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Price isn't the only reason people buy cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts