Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you whose car started build in week 45
upload_2015-12-17_11-24-27.png

there is a good chance (but no guarantee) that our car pieces are in containers on the MAERSK IDAHO container ship
upload_2015-12-17_11-24-58.png

which left New York on Sunday, bound for Bremerhaven ETA 22nd Dec 3am
upload_2015-12-17_11-26-29.png

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got a call today to say my Model S is nearly ready (was due end Jan/beginning Feb), and can I pick it up on the 29/12/15, so not sure if I'm on the same ship or my ship has already sailed (so to speak). That's an unexpected Xmas pressie to myself tho :D

So much earlier than expected I haven't even got my charger installed yet, so interim solution of supercharger plus granny cable topup it is then!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Model S - pick it up on the 29/12/15, so not sure if I'm on the same ship or my ship has already sailed !
I would expect you were on the Colette which has now docked in Bremerhaven = week 44
UK Cars on MAERSK IDAHO are unlikely to be delivered in 2015

·
Registered
103 Posts
So all the attention now moves from Colette to Maersk Idaho
unless you were on Colette, you lucky lucky boy:)! us week 45 boys will have to wait for our ship to come in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a call today to say my Model S is nearly ready (was due end Jan/beginning Feb), and can I pick it up on the 29/12/15, !
@Prg350 Has Your Tesla page updated, or was it just a call from the DS?

·
Registered
458 Posts
First the DS called, asked me to confirm available dates, then I noticed the page has updated with that date.
That's interesting,
My DS as only pencilled in the date (30th), he's waiting to here from Tilburg when the parts arrive, so my Tesla page still says 17th-31st.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just had confirmation from a different DS as mine is ill, I can collect on 29th Dec :D, but i am away :(.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I guess you made the cut and were actually on the Colette
Must have been, just trying to negotiate delivery on the 2nd Jan and making sure it gets registered as a 2016 car. Very excited (y):D

·
Registered
103 Posts
As I couldn't make 29th Dec, just been offered 24th Dec!!! If they can get it to the 20th Dec I may just drive to Austria straight from delivery:)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I couldn't make 29th Dec, just been offered 24th Dec!!! If they can get it to the 20th Dec
Shows how urgent their need to sell as many in 2015 as possible - even so I doubt they could hit 20th
Clearly I was not on the Colette as I would have been inundated with calls from the DS otherwise

·
Registered
103 Posts
Clearly I was not on the Colette as I would have been inundated with calls from the DS otherwise
It took an email this morning to my DS to get this info. Worth a call/email.

·
Registered
458 Posts
As I couldn't make 29th Dec, just been offered 24th Dec!!! If they can get it to the 20th Dec I may just drive to Austria straight from delivery:)
WOW!!
That's unbelievable, how can the ship dock this morning (17th) and the car be ready to pick up 24th.

I think I'll have to see tomorrow about bring mine forward

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOW!!
That's unbelievable, how can the ship dock this morning (17th) and the car be ready to pick up 20th.

I think I'll have to see tomorrow about bring mine forward

No they couldn't do 20th, 24th was the earliest and pushing it i think. Now confirmed for 1pm on 4th Jan. :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a call today to say my Model S is nearly ready (was due end Jan/beginning Feb), and can I pick it up on the 29/12/15, so not sure if I'm on the same ship or my ship has already sailed (so to speak). That's an unexpected Xmas pressie to myself tho :D

So much earlier than expected I haven't even got my charger installed yet, so interim solution of supercharger plus granny cable topup it is then!

What GB no are you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Build start date is an total guess for 25th Nov. Could have been sooner looking at GB nos around me.....So much speculation on each stage all i know is I had a confirmation 23rd Oct and GB no 2696.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Build start date is an total guess for 25th Nov. Could have been sooner looking at GB nos around me....
AH - now you tell me it was a guess - let me have my guess on the dates based on your GB number
Your GB number is 44% of the way between the nearest GB numbers shown
That would put your build start at 16th Nov ie Week 47
So your delivery would be around 25th Jan - ie a week earlier than my last estimate

1 - 20 of 45 Posts