Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Polestar 2
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Is anyone in discussion with Kent County Council about the chargers that have been installed in maidstone (which are not currently operative).

I looked at the one outside County Hall last Sunday and it looked to still be off/not yet commissioned. A couple of Zipcars were parked outside it (ICE) and I believe the parking is to be shared between the zip cars and the EVs.

There are also chargers in the Mall (paid parking) and Mill Street (also paid parking), but I'd primarily be interested in using the ones by County Hall.

I will contact the council, but just wanted to see if anyone else had been in dialogue with them.

·
Polestar 2
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Type 2... 7Kw

·
Polestar 2
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VW E-Up and hopefully soon an Amepra too! We live in Essex, but lots of family in Maidstone...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ahh ok give me a wave next time as im only in dartford
Ive a leaf

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have been waiting for quite some time for the Mill Street chargers to work. My daughter lives in central Maidstone and we usually spend one night per week there. Last time I drove round there the charger wasn't even in place. Will have another look on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have an email from Kerry Prescott, the officer at KCC responsible for this project, which states that not only will the electricity be free in the first instance, so will the parking.

·
Polestar 2
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good old Kent County Council :) I'm tempted to move back there from Essex and their '£5 a shot' chargers!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts