Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
110 Posts
I put this on the FB page a few days ago and out came the keyboard warriors :rolleyes: justifying Ionity's making Maingau users pay more.

ionity is a cartel of German car companies and Ford. If you don't drive any of their cars they charge you something like double the price per kw.

Tesla is the argument raised but has little validity, they are not a dominant brand. Tesla's can charge on their supercharger network at no or some cost: other EVs can't.

Good to see more new fast chargers from Ionity, they're great, fast easy contactless but at a price that puts it on the same footing as the MPG on a diesel and is sad.

Apparently there has been a competition complaint & market dominance to the EU and the German authorities. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
I think the Ionity thing has been done to death on here to be honest, but it was inevitable that the loophole that was Maingau would be closed down.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
110 Posts
I think the Ionity thing has been done to death on here to be honest, but it was inevitable that the loophole that was Maingau would be closed down.
I agree. I'll only use them in the direst emergency. I normally travel through Germany and Austria 3-4 times a year so i'll still use Maingau or shell who have reasonable prices.

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
“Done to Death” - is that what this forum is changing it’s name to? ;)

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
57 Posts
I’ve just ordered my Maingau card for “ionity emergencies” if needed and it’s still cheaper than paying full price, never used them before but alas, what will be will be. quite frankly, the pace instavolt are deploying their 125-250kw chargers out, it won’t matter that much in the future I think anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
110 Posts
What is the Maingau price in the UK?
It’s only on IONITY in the UK that you can use it I believe. 69p per Kw. Happy to be corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
110 Posts
Also works on FastNed and is, as far as I can tell, marginally cheaper (€0.39/kWh)
According to the app they have an agreement with has.to.be (Hubsta?) at €0.39/kWh too.

€0.73/kWh which is currently about 65p/kWh.
One of the guys on the Kia forum was billed £0.69 at Maidstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts