Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Maingau RFID card the other day and I thought it would be useful to do a quick translation of the setup instructions for people who don't speaken deutsch.

Welcome to Simply Charge
It's this simple:
1. Download the "EinfachStromLaden" app and sign in with your details.
2. Go to the menu option "User account" (in the hamburger menu at the top left) and tap on "Add charging card or charging chip"
3. Simply enter your personal charge card number. This is on the back of the card labelled Kartennummer (card number).
4. Go to menu option "Means of payment" and add your preferred payment method.

Hold your charging card against the RFID reader of the charger and start charging!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,378 Posts
A question for those in the know for Maingau. Do they charge your registered card in Euros or Sterling? The reason I ask is to find out if I need to get a 'no foreign transaction fee' type card as my current one charges a conversion fee, I noticed on the app that you can also set up a direct debit using your IBAN but again this could result in handling fees.

·
Registered
378 Posts
A question for those in the know for Maingau. Do they charge your registered card in Euros or Sterling? The reason I ask is to find out if I need to get a 'no foreign transaction fee' type card as my current one charges a conversion fee, I noticed on the app that you can also set up a direct debit using your IBAN but again this could result in handling fees.
Euros - so beware foreign transaction fees.

Reactions: h8ten

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,667 Posts
Reactions: h8ten
1 - 6 of 6 Posts