Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not seeing a benefit of a Curve card/account regards cheap Ionity prices...am I missing something?
The Curve card is nothing to do with paying for the charge directly - the idea is that you get a MainGau card, which charges you in Euros, and then use the Curve card to pay the MainGau account to avoid UK bank foreign transaction fees.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The Curve card is nothing to do with paying for the charge directly - the idea is that you get a MainGau card, which charges you in Euros, and then use the Curve card to pay the MainGau account to avoid UK bank foreign transaction fees.
Ahhh I see. Hence the comment about having lots of cards.

Interesting.

I have mine tied to my Post Office card which isn't bad on foreign transactions, but obviously that's better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ahhh I see. Hence the comment about having lots of cards.

Interesting.

I have mine tied to my Post Office card which isn't bad on foreign transactions, but obviously that's better.
I've tied all my charging accounts to a virtual Revolut card. If somebody nicks my car I'll disable it and they'll be stranded (well, 200 miles away, maybe this idea doesn't work with the newer Zoes!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just received an email telling me the Maingau prices are changing.
For Ionity it will now be 73.11ct/kWh (about 65p/kWh)

Still cheaper at current exchange rates, but only just...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I guess they were under pressure to close that loophole. Oh well, Ionity for emergencies only then.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts