Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Webinar – 30th June 4.00pm

On the 30th of June, Charge My Street in association with Cumbria Action for Sustainability (CAfS) will be hosting a free webinar to discuss EV charging in the North West.

You can register for the webinar here.

Included in the session will be a series of presentations by six speakers before the webinar is opened to questions from the public. Speakers and topics will include:

• Dr Bella Starling on owning an EV but not a driveway in the North of England.
  • Daniel Heery, director of Charge My Street, on its solution for public charge points
  • Mathew Kiziuk, Renault UK, on the benefits and opportunities of driving an EV
  • Adrian Powell, Charge My Street, on what it means to host an EV chargepoint on your premises
  • Heather Cockett Phillips, West Point House on why their business opted to become a host
  • Phil Gray, Carlisle City Council on why they are deploying Charge My Street charge points
The webinar will go into detail on a project funded by Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency, to install 200 EV chargepoints across the North of England in 2020. The chargepoints will be hosted by communities and individuals and will be for use by the public.
  • Recent years have seen a rise in the uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) in the UK as more people seek out ways to reduce the impact they’re having on our environment. We have also seen announcements of government initiatives aimed at supporting this wide-scale switch from petrol and diesel cars over the coming years.
  • This switch requires changes in the way we live and the infrastructure in our world, and it’s no surprise that a large number of those without an EV say that one of the biggest factors putting them off is a lack of trust in an adequate public charging network.
  • Currently only about 8% of UK chargepoints are located in the North West so clearly things need to change if we are going to see a wider scale adoption of EVs in our region.
If there is anything you would like to know about the project, such as whether becoming a host site would suit you or you’re just curious about EVs more generally, we encourage you to register with the link provided.

We hope to see you (virtually) on the 30th! You can register for the webinar here.

For any

1 - 1 of 1 Posts