Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a cul-de-sac with no off street parking so I'm not eligible for the grant. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a local electrician that would install a charger for me. The 2 I've contacted so far have said they wouldn't do it. I have explained that there's only one household that could walk past our house and they drive everywhere by car.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
365 Posts
i think that you can’t get the OLEV grant without a drive way, maybe thats what they mean by “they can’t”. I guess you can ask them to install you a commando socket and then get an ohme type 2cable to commando plus one of those cable protections?
Ps: I might end up doing something similar in Salford-Manchester too. All the houses I’m looking don’t have driveway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Living not far from Manchester, I actually have a suitable place for a charger including applying for the grant and it seems like finding an electrician that will actually agree to come out and install one is more difficult than asking Tesla for a free car and them saying "yes fella here ya go!" Contacted a few local ones in Wigan, several flat out ignored me, a couple said they'd call out but just never turned up, and one came and took some measurements and photos and still didn't get back to me. My plan is to find an electrician who owns an ev, and charge my Tesla at his house while he's busy ignoring me

·
Registered
326 Posts
There's a element of risk with your install. You're asking them to knowingly install a trip hazard on a public footpath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts