Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks took delivery of my i3 last month . I ordered it on launch day last november , having test driven all the others i decided to hang out for the i3 . Glad i did its fantastic . I travel manchester to liverpool for work so its perfect for the job . The range extender is wicked , can' tell its running virtually silent , no change in performance . Maintains state of charge perfectly and despite the blurb saying it gives an extra 80 miles or so , just keep putting petrol in and keep going . Thats not the idea of course , but theres no worries on the range front . It is expensive roughly twice the cost of the others , but i do own the batteries with an eight year warranty and it is a BMW so you wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Ive not seen another one on the road yet .if your looking for an EV try the i3 before you decide. Its amazing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if your looking for an EV try the i3 before you decide. Its amazing.
Welcome to the EV scene. Glad that the i3 works for you.

We decided against it due to it only having 4 seats, so went with the Leaf. The i3 is not practical for hauling a number of toddlers / young children to their activities.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi folks took delivery of my i3 last month . I ordered it on launch day last november , having test driven all the others i decided to hang out for the i3 . Glad i did its fantastic . I travel manchester to liverpool for work so its perfect for the job . The range extender is wicked , can' tell its running virtually silent , no change in performance . Maintains state of charge perfectly and despite the blurb saying it gives an extra 80 miles or so , just keep putting petrol in and keep going . Thats not the idea of course , but theres no worries on the range front . It is expensive roughly twice the cost of the others , but i do own the batteries with an eight year warranty and it is a BMW so you wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Ive not seen another one on the road yet .if your looking for an EV try the i3 before you decide. Its amazing.
Welcome to the i3 fan club, 5 weeks an i3 owner and I still can't stop grinning, it is fabulous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts