Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they are getting the Manchester Service Centre ready to roll for us up in the North of England:

Manchester-South

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Coming soon may be in "Elon time"(tm) ;)

For Birmingham soon meant 3 months for showroom and a further 2-3 months for full service facilities.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "coming soon" looks like it was just taken off MyTesla and full details now appear. The icon has gone from the grey 'under construction' to the normal red. Anyone nearby that can confirm the store/service centre is up and running?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
The "coming soon" looks like it was just taken off MyTesla and full details now appear. The icon has gone from the grey 'under construction' to the normal red. Anyone nearby that can confirm the store/service centre is up and running?
I'm not nearby, but it just says store on the Tesla site. Fingers crossed they can get the service side up for deliveries before the next boat comes in ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm on the unofficial list for the first service of my car when the official booking system becomes available!

Georg mentioned at the Knutsford meet that the store would be opening first owing to needing to do more work on the garage part than first envisioned.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I'm on the unofficial list for the first service of my car when the official booking system becomes available!

Georg mentioned at the Knutsford meet that the store would be opening first owing to needing to do more work on the garage part than first envisioned.
Exact repeat of Brum ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like it was a Jaguar dealer until some time last year (using Streetview anyway)

That's if I've figured which building it is correctly. The most recent street view is July this year which shows it as empty.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Looks like it was a Jaguar dealer until some time last year (using Streetview anyway)

That's if I've figured which building it is correctly. The most recent street view is July this year which shows it as empty.
I know exactly where that is, it used to be Jeep/Chrysler , then its Jaguar....

·
Everybody is welcome to my opinion
50 Posts
Been told by my delivery manager that at the moment Manchester only has a front sales area, the rest of the building is still under construction. He isn't sure if it will be ready for our December deliveries, although he will keep me informed

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently spoke to the builders onsite; they told me Tesla wants them to complete before the end of November, however he felt it would be nearer the end of the year.

I'm trying to get my overdue service booked in with them, hence my interest in the handover date from the builders to Tesla.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
@Rluner I'd be tempted to bite the bullet, and get your service done at one of the operational centres.

Building hand over, is just the first stage of the project plan. Workshop setup, staff training etc. will follow. My gut tells me they will be properly up and running in time for a rush of January orders, and servicing existing fleet will take a back seat until they've got those out the door and realised the cash that represents.

·
Everybody is welcome to my opinion
50 Posts
From all accounts they all ready have the staff and they have been trained in other service centres, so just the workshop setup (4 post jack and a few spanners and a computer)

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
From all accounts they all ready have the staff and they have been trained in other service centres, so just the workshop setup (4 post jack and a few spanners and a computer)
We will see, as they say on investment products, "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results", but having been there done that with Birmingham putting stuff off for what was a couple of weeks, only to find it is TeslaWeeks (tm), you'll have to excuse my skepticism. ;)

But the M.O. sounds remarkably familiar, build a showroom, "unexpected delays" on getting the workshop running!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts