Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Mandatory update, only took a minute this time to download, will report any changes seen over the weekend.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,815 Posts
also an update on the gb.rlinkstore.com Seems to be layour more than anything else, but begs the question does this mean some new content will be coming soon?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, most of the products have disappeared at the moment, maybe they are relisting Ze services etc with no cost :rolleyes:

Wonder why some have the latest update when other don't, as I said the version number did not change from last months big update ?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had something like this at the end of last week, but for some reason the content won't load on the SD card. I get a server error, even though I've already downloaded the update.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why you got the error message, no error when it downloaded and i fitted SD back in car it even did its thing displayed 'update successful' but as I said no new version number, strange.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tried it again this afternoon and it has installed onto the card and then the car fine. Can't see any differences though..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah as there's no version number change I think it's maybe just bug fixes.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I haven't done an update in about 9 months now. Am I missing anything important? I don't get issues with anything not working or system crashes, so figured "if it aint broke..."

·
Zoe Devotee
8,815 Posts
I have a theory that Renault push out a summer update and a winter update and that these updates tweak the effectiveness of the heating.

Roughly the same time last year there was an update, that buggered up heating until the winter update. Aircon was great. But heating pretty pants. You'd notice on a cold night.

Then winter had a similar update, aircon was OK, heating was marvelous. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Anyone, @Mo1 ?, care to test heating on a cool evening when it's below 10 degrees. Report back if your heating is now no longer Scorchio but just OK.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,397 Posts
I would be utterly surprised if that was the case. AFAIK the update through the SD card only affects R-Link, nothing else. I can check the traffic on the CANbus with the next update, but to be honest, I am willing to bet a bottle of wine on it.

BTW, my mandatory R-Link update took AGES. It seems deployments are different per country.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,815 Posts
I tend to agree @yoh-there but last year the big summer update killed loads of UK cars heating, it can't have been a coincidence as loads on myrenaultzoe.com confirmed what I found after the update that the heating just wasn't the same after the update.

Strangle mpkwh increased too. I wondered if they'd rolled out a secret semi-eco setting for summer to eak out even more range as most folk don't need heat as much as winter.

It was all a bit strange. I got my CLIM updated by garage and it fixed it instantly.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone, @Mo1 ?, care to test heating on a cool evening when it's below 10 degrees. Report back if your heating is now no longer Scorchio but just OK.
Lol, my heating has never been scorchio, despite doing all the updates and asking dealer to look at it during service in January, NFF.
Air con's been fine though over these rare few hot days.
That said I will test it to see if the big May update made it worse/better

·
Zoe Devotee
8,815 Posts
OK :) The bet's on then? Will hook up the CANbus logger next time I will "SD" a mandatory.
Please do prove me wrong. :) Because if it is true it's really worrying.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,397 Posts
Don't try to trick me mate, I can't prove you wrong. Even if I see nothing on the CANbus there is no proof. I might prove you right though :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts