Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had that message last Tuesday - but as there seems to be no reference number - it is hard to know if the same update
There should be some sort of release number, yes. I did notice that the copyright date in the BRH corner is now 2016. Have to check on the blue motorway exit arrows next time I visit one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This might be of interest; it seems that the maps are indeed downloaded over wifi because the download is huge (3.6GB), then it takes a long time to assemble and install them. So, if one hasn't been near wifi for a while, one can be misled into thinking that they arrived over 3G. The download took me over my monthly download limit!
Firmware 7.1 - Page 163 #1630

·
Registered
345 Posts
This might be of interest; it seems that the maps are indeed downloaded over wifi because the download is huge (3.6GB), then it takes a long time to assemble and install them. So, if one hasn't been near wifi for a while, one can be misled into thinking that they arrived over 3G. The download took me over my monthly download limit!
AFAIK mine car goes nowhere near a wifi signal, plus I disable wifi as much as possible as the car tries to log on to one of these BT hotspots and it can't and buggers up 3G and I can't use the app to communicate with the car.

I didn't notice what is was doing while at Hopwood, I suppose it could have logged on there and download the maps in the 40 mins while charging

·
Registered
418 Posts
On the basis of this thread, I allowed the car to connect to the home wifi again 3-4 days ago, and this morning I had the "updated maps" message. The display was really sluggish to start with, but a quick reboot sorted that out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AFAIK mine car goes nowhere near a wifi signal, plus I disable wifi as much as possible as the car tries to log on to one of these BT hotspots and it can't and buggers up 3G and I can't use the app to communicate with the car.

I didn't notice what is was doing while at Hopwood, I suppose it could have logged on there and download the maps in the 40 mins while charging
It must have found wifi for sufficient time somewhere; I found this in the Owner's Manual yesterday:

"To receive updated Maps, periodically connect Model S to a Wi-Fi network. As updated Maps become available, they are sent to Model S over Wi-Fi only. The touchscreen displays a message informing you when new Maps have been installed."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.