Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new sd card from Renault UK with a map update for our ZE40 but when I stick it in the car it just says "no maps found".
Is there something else I need to do to get it working ?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,562 Posts
Does your old car still work?

Was the card ordered directly from Renault or another source?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,562 Posts
Yeah the old card still works.
The card came directly from Renault in the post after I requested an update.
That's good, so you know your cart slot is still working. Wouldn't be surprised if Renault have sent you a branded card but forgot to put the map files onto it. There are ways to dig into the content on the card but its probably easier to just report to Renault the card is faulty and get them to send a new one.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,562 Posts
I take it I could just use the card they sent and use the pc software to download the latest maps onto it again ?
The card is 16gb.
Presumably you purchased the latest maps? In which case it should be pre-installed. If you use the website/rlink software you'd be charged again.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,562 Posts
They sent me the card free of charge, it's version 10.85.
In that case its probably got no map. Stick it in your PC, fire up Rlink toolbox and the website and it should allow you to pull down your previous "owned" version for free.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,562 Posts
I still have the old card with the previous version though.
I presume you went for the new card because its got more capacity than the OEM 4gb one? As the guy that hacked Rlink and made the process for cloning cards first I'd say its only worth getting a new card if your getting new maps (that won't fit) but if you stick the new card in your car, let it tie itself to the car, then stick it in PC and use Rlink toolbox to restore your previous backup you should be fine.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
1,083 Posts
What version of software does your r-link have - look for 11.346 to be installed here are deets of how to check version of your rlink:

Another thing you could try - safely remove all SD cards from the slot (so reboot the rlink with absolutely no card in the SD card slot by pressing home button 5 times, let the rlink rebook when it reboots and says 'no maps found' then insert your new 10.85 SD you got from Renault, then hopefully it will say on screen something like SD found and then 'loading europe map'
This may work this way.
Good luck.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm in the same position, requested map from R-Link helpline which arrived the other day. Doesn't show anything on it when I put it in my PC. I have asked the helpline for, er, help with installing. I can't imagine they would send out an SD card with nothing on it and you can't download the maps at the moment. Will let you know if/when I hear anything.

Reactions: scobo

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also noticed that when I put the card in my laptop and open Toolbox, it just says "not connected".
The old card works fine with toolbox and shows the serial number of the card.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
1,083 Posts
have you tried when the SD Card is in your laptop going into 'my computer' and clicking on the drive letter for the SD card and seeing 3 files namely Tomtom.000 , TomTom.001, TomTom.003 etc?

·
Registered
623 Posts
have you tried when the SD Card is in your laptop going into 'my computer' and clicking on the drive letter for the SD card and seeing 3 files namely Tomtom.000 , TomTom.001, TomTom.003 etc?
Yes, thanks Andy, tried that. Computer says there's a problem with the card and doesn't show any files at all on it. Properties of the card indicate it's blank. I'll get back to Renault...

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yes, thanks Andy, tried that. Computer says there's a problem with the card and doesn't show any files at all on it. Properties of the card indicate it's blank. I'll get back to Renault...
Same here.
Tried taking the card out and rebooting the car's display but no luck, just says "no maps found" and "no multimedia found".
Back to Renault .......

1 - 20 of 50 Posts