Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm in the same position, requested map from R-Link helpline which arrived the other day. Doesn't show anything on it when I put it in my PC. I have asked the helpline for, er, help with installing. I can't imagine they would send out an SD card with nothing on it and you can't download the maps at the moment. Will let you know if/when I hear anything.

Reactions: scobo

·
Registered
623 Posts
have you tried when the SD Card is in your laptop going into 'my computer' and clicking on the drive letter for the SD card and seeing 3 files namely Tomtom.000 , TomTom.001, TomTom.003 etc?
Yes, thanks Andy, tried that. Computer says there's a problem with the card and doesn't show any files at all on it. Properties of the card indicate it's blank. I'll get back to Renault...

·
Registered
623 Posts
I heard back from David at R-Link and he said that the card should just be inserted in the car. Tried this but R-Link is saying No maps found. I safely removed the original card, inserted the new card and restarted the car and then rebooted R-Link with the 5 times press of the home button. No luck. As before, I think that the card might be blank. I have emailed R-Link back!

·
Registered
623 Posts
if anyone dubious that their card is blank and want to put the SD card into their laptop and want me to remotely look over the internet for them just as a second opinion just give me a shout - i might find some files you never know
Thanks for the offer - Renault say that the reason files are not showing is because they are encrypted. Whether they are or not, it still doesn't work!

EDIT - when I put it into the laptop, the R-Link toolbox fires up so there must be something there. Under the properties of the card, It is showing 14.8 Gb of used space, no unused space, but Windows says the folder is empty. Odd.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does Toolbox say it's connected to your card ?
When I put mine in and open Toolbox it says 'not connected'.
Says the memory card is up to date but not connected. I'd assumed that meant it wasn't connected to the Renault servers. There's a conversation over on the Zoe owners club Facebook about this and others are having problems too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks Andy - I'm running 11.344 which should be OK for the new card. Maybe I'll take the old card out of the car and run it through the toolbox and see what happens with regard to the Not Connected message. Yes, I have been using the safely remove method and the old card is working fine.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well, I think, touch wood, it has finally loaded. Sequence of events:

Started car, safely removed old card. Inserted new one, maps not found error on the home screen
Got to destination, did shopping, started car for journey back. R-Link starts and says Loading map, one moment please, gets stuck and reboots R-Link
This happens several times, it's in a loop. Arrived at a friends house, car off
Get in car to go home after about half an hour, start up and, ta da, map is installed! It has lost recent destinations and home for navigation but reset that once back home.

Will see what happens! Not planning on using the car for a few days now so hopefully it'll be OK.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Uh oh, spoke too soon. I haven't had cause to use the car for the last few days since I reported all was OK - started car this morning and the maps not found message came up. Didn't load the whole time we were out (which wasn't long, 10 minutes to the supermarket and back). I've still got a helpdesk enquiry out to R-Link after it wouldn't initially load so I'll see if anything co0mes back on that. Disappointing! It's in for service next week at Mitchell's a Renault dealer (Zoe owners club approved) so I'll also ask them about it.

EDIT - Went out last night and it went into the loading loop, R-Link rebooting, still not loading the map. I give up, swapped back to the old one. Glad I didn't pay for it anyway!

·
Registered
623 Posts
So frustrating. Sorry, I meant to update the thread last week but I had R-Link updated to 11.347 when I had the service done (cost me 1/2 hour labour) and it worked when I left the dealer. Next morning, back to No Maps Found. Coincidentally David at R-Link got back in touch to request me to send images of the front and back of the SD card for their techs to look at. I've held off going back to the dealer as I'm not sure they will have the answer to this at the moment and am waiting on R-link - will report back. Meanwhile back to the old map!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts