Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ha, finally got mine to spring into life too.
Chucked the card in and left it for half an hour, went back to car and display said 'sd connected' as soon as I turned it on, which it wasn't doing previously.
The new maps then loaded with no rebooting and all is now good.
Our saved locations are still there too, just had to reset the home location.
Thanks Ian. 馃憤

Registered
Uh oh, spoke too soon. I haven't had cause to use the car for the last few days since I reported all was OK - started car this morning and the maps not found message came up. Didn't load the whole time we were out (which wasn't long, 10 minutes to the supermarket and back). I've still got a helpdesk enquiry out to R-Link after it wouldn't initially load so I'll see if anything co0mes back on that. Disappointing! It's in for service next week at Mitchell's a Renault dealer (Zoe owners club approved) so I'll also ask them about it.

EDIT - Went out last night and it went into the loading loop, R-Link rebooting, still not loading the map. I give up, swapped back to the old one. Glad I didn't pay for it anyway!

Reactions: scobo

Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ours still seems to be ok (touch wood).
My wife is driving the Zoe now since I got a Corsa-e a few weeks ago and she prefers using Google Maps with Android Auto anyway.

Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Uh oh, spoke too soon. I haven't had cause to use the car for the last few days since I reported all was OK - started car this morning and the maps not found message came up. Didn't load the whole time we were out (which wasn't long, 10 minutes to the supermarket and back). I've still got a helpdesk enquiry out to R-Link after it wouldn't initially load so I'll see if anything co0mes back on that. Disappointing! It's in for service next week at Mitchell's a Renault dealer (Zoe owners club approved) so I'll also ask them about it.

EDIT - Went out last night and it went into the loading loop, R-Link rebooting, still not loading the map. I give up, swapped back to the old one. Glad I didn't pay for it anyway!
So ours has suddenly stopped working this week too.
Back to "no maps found".

Registered
So frustrating. Sorry, I meant to update the thread last week but I had R-Link updated to 11.347 when I had the service done (cost me 1/2 hour labour) and it worked when I left the dealer. Next morning, back to No Maps Found. Coincidentally David at R-Link got back in touch to request me to send images of the front and back of the SD card for their techs to look at. I've held off going back to the dealer as I'm not sure they will have the answer to this at the moment and am waiting on R-link - will report back. Meanwhile back to the old map!

Reactions: scobo

Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
I wonder if its worth taking out the SD card (safely removing it from the menu) then spraying switch contact cleaner (not WD40!) into the SD card slot on the dash of Zoe , then waiting for the spray to evaporate and then pop the SD card back in, just in case the contacts inside the cars SD Card reader have oxidised or gone dirty and not making good contact with the SD card?

Registered
So frustrating. Sorry, I meant to update the thread last week but I had R-Link updated to 11.347 when I had the service done (cost me 1/2 hour labour) and it worked when I left the dealer. Next morning, back to No Maps Found. Coincidentally David at R-Link got back in touch to request me to send images of the front and back of the SD card for their techs to look at. I've held off going back to the dealer as I'm not sure they will have the answer to this at the moment and am waiting on R-link - will report back. Meanwhile back to the old map!
Well, no news really. R-Link helpline never got back to me after I gave them SD card info so still on the old map and now I have another issue in that the launch preconditioning has packed up on my Android phone and Apple ipad.In the intervening time my ZE Connect services needed to be renewed which they were, so maybe that's something to do with it. But I hadn't really used the preconditioning from the app over the summer so could be something else has changed. Annoying, even though I don't use it much. I've emailed R-Link again but no reply - think they might be fed up with me!

Registered
Curiously Renault have sent me the Europe map again - same version, so probably not likely to work but I'll try it later.

EDIT - R-Link checked to see if I'd received the SD card. Put the card in the car this morning and after a bit of a wait it loaded. Hopefully it will continue to work although I'm not too confident based on past performance.

Registered
Interestingly I've been having the same problem with the new SD card. When I contacted Renault, they've sent me a second card, asked for the engraved serial and production codes on the back of it, and when that failed to work they got me to do a Factory Reset. Doing that has given me about 4 days of usable maps before it started to do the no maps found, Powering Off loop. I've gone back to them today to report it and waiting to hear back. Have resorted to loading the old card back in. Just for reference, the reason the card appears blank when viewing them in Windows is due to the file system the cards use. It's a Linux file system called ext which Windows doesn't understand so it just appears blank.

Registered
Well, the map didn't stay loaded of course. I've also been told to factory reset which I haven't done yet, waiting to see if it works for other people, quite a few on the RZOC facebook group reporting same issue. Seems like it doesn't help!

Zoe Devotee
Well, the map didn't stay loaded of course. I've also been told to factory reset which I haven't done yet, waiting to see if it works for other people, quite a few on the RZOC facebook group reporting same issue. Seems like it doesn't help!
Makes me wonder if Renault have pushed out an update to combat cloning cards (feel guilty for producing the first guide) but they've ham fisted it (no surprise for Renault) and they are bricking legitimate cards. Seems these days there is a massive trade in "fake" Rlink cards on ebay (was no trade in them prior to my first guide) maybe @yoh-there wants to consider taking down his version of the guide that's still live.

Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
I did clone my card based on @Sandy his instructions (just made it more foolproof), not with the intention to make copies, but because the (at that moment free) European map didn't fit. So basically it was a resize operation, at least in my mind. It has worked fine ever since (except a broken spring in the SD slot. Nothing that a folded business card couldn't fix).

As I don't think this issue exists anymore, I mean, anyone who needed a resize on a Ph1 car would have done this right, I will close the instruction for the general public.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts