Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Map update ZE40

7K views 67 replies 8 participants last post by  Ian R 
#1 ·
Just received a new sd card from Renault UK with a map update for our ZE40 but when I stick it in the car it just says "no maps found".
Is there something else I need to do to get it working ?

#4 ·
Does your old car still work?

Was the card ordered directly from Renault or another source?

#6 ·
That's good, so you know your cart slot is still working. Wouldn't be surprised if Renault have sent you a branded card but forgot to put the map files onto it. There are ways to dig into the content on the card but its probably easier to just report to Renault the card is faulty and get them to send a new one.

#8 ·
Presumably you purchased the latest maps? In which case it should be pre-installed. If you use the website/rlink software you'd be charged again.

#10 ·
In that case its probably got no map. Stick it in your PC, fire up Rlink toolbox and the website and it should allow you to pull down your previous "owned" version for free.

#14 ·
What version of software does your r-link have - look for 11.346 to be installed here are deets of how to check version of your rlink:

Another thing you could try - safely remove all SD cards from the slot (so reboot the rlink with absolutely no card in the SD card slot by pressing home button 5 times, let the rlink rebook when it reboots and says 'no maps found' then insert your new 10.85 SD you got from Renault, then hopefully it will say on screen something like SD found and then 'loading europe map'
This may work this way.
Good luck.

#16 ·
I'm in the same position, requested map from R-Link helpline which arrived the other day. Doesn't show anything on it when I put it in my PC. I have asked the helpline for, er, help with installing. I can't imagine they would send out an SD card with nothing on it and you can't download the maps at the moment. Will let you know if/when I hear anything.

Reactions: scobo
#19 ·
Yes, thanks Andy, tried that. Computer says there's a problem with the card and doesn't show any files at all on it. Properties of the card indicate it's blank. I'll get back to Renault...

#22 ·
I heard back from David at R-Link and he said that the card should just be inserted in the car. Tried this but R-Link is saying No maps found. I safely removed the original card, inserted the new card and restarted the car and then rebooted R-Link with the 5 times press of the home button. No luck. As before, I think that the card might be blank. I have emailed R-Link back!

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks for the offer - Renault say that the reason files are not showing is because they are encrypted. Whether they are or not, it still doesn't work!

EDIT - when I put it into the laptop, the R-Link toolbox fires up so there must be something there. Under the properties of the card, It is showing 14.8 Gb of used space, no unused space, but Windows says the folder is empty. Odd.

#31 ·
Just got this reply from Renault.....

"Concerning that, I was very sad to learn that the new card appears to be unusable. Thus, I rearranged for a new one to be sent to your home address. However, the newer batch of SD cards are in backorder and this may take a few weeks for them to be available to be dispatched from France."

#33 ·
Thanks Andy - I'm running 11.344 which should be OK for the new card. Maybe I'll take the old card out of the car and run it through the toolbox and see what happens with regard to the Not Connected message. Yes, I have been using the safely remove method and the old card is working fine.

#35 · (Edited)
why would you not update your r-link up to 11.346 anyway ? - any particular reason you don't want to?

If you want to update your r-link to 11.346 but dont want to do it the 'my renault' rlink store way here is the file (use at own risk) - you copy the TomTom.000 file to a formatted fat32 SD card (not any of your map cards! - just a normal SD card) and have your car in 'ready' mode so that the rlink does not go to sleep and insert the card and wait for about 20mins while it loads.
Filebin | uid9jjdh527ldoc0

#36 ·
its plausible - but i cannot see it being that .

let me think a couple of other things: - is there a 'write lock' slidey tiny button on the side of the SD card on the maps card you got from Renault? - that is not set to 'locked' is it?

when you have the new Map card in its slot have you tried pressing the home button 5 times to reboot the rlink?

I know some people (including me) has a dodgy brass contacts inside the SD card reader and there has been many times I have accidently knocked the SD card (its in a stupid place in the Zoe!) and then I have got 'no maps installed' and its took a good couple of ejecting and inserting to get it working again

#38 ·
Well, I think, touch wood, it has finally loaded. Sequence of events:

Started car, safely removed old card. Inserted new one, maps not found error on the home screen
Got to destination, did shopping, started car for journey back. R-Link starts and says Loading map, one moment please, gets stuck and reboots R-Link
This happens several times, it's in a loop. Arrived at a friends house, car off
Get in car to go home after about half an hour, start up and, ta da, map is installed! It has lost recent destinations and home for navigation but reset that once back home.

Will see what happens! Not planning on using the car for a few days now so hopefully it'll be OK.

#40 ·
good stuff - well that proves there were files on the card then and they have not been sent out blank or a bad batch then :)

-yes what's been most probably happening with the looping is that it most probably has not been installing the updates properly and just keeps trying in a loop until it does

#41 ·
Ha, finally got mine to spring into life too.
Chucked the card in and left it for half an hour, went back to car and display said 'sd connected' as soon as I turned it on, which it wasn't doing previously.
The new maps then loaded with no rebooting and all is now good.
Our saved locations are still there too, just had to reset the home location.
Thanks Ian. 👍

#42 · (Edited)
Uh oh, spoke too soon. I haven't had cause to use the car for the last few days since I reported all was OK - started car this morning and the maps not found message came up. Didn't load the whole time we were out (which wasn't long, 10 minutes to the supermarket and back). I've still got a helpdesk enquiry out to R-Link after it wouldn't initially load so I'll see if anything co0mes back on that. Disappointing! It's in for service next week at Mitchell's a Renault dealer (Zoe owners club approved) so I'll also ask them about it.

EDIT - Went out last night and it went into the loading loop, R-Link rebooting, still not loading the map. I give up, swapped back to the old one. Glad I didn't pay for it anyway!

Reactions: scobo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.