Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. My bluelink app and vehicle satnav map settings are set to display 3d and 3d buildings.
But every time I power up the car the map is heading up, so I change it in the vehicle settings to 3d again. Please note, the app has not changed from 3d.
So why does the vehicle need manual input at every power up? What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.
Dan.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The head settings are synced to the app and backed up. This morning at power up the map display is 3d, but this afternoon at power up the map display is heading up.
I give up. It has a mind of it's own, and I have to live with it.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,865 Posts
The head settings are synced to the app and backed up. This morning at power up the map display is 3d, but this afternoon at power up the map display is heading up.
I give up. It has a mind of it's own, and I have to live with it.
There is something similar about the 3 customisa widget on the centre display, if I use timed charging or the active charging runs across midnight, it sets the left hand one to the clock.
I’ve decided to lump it and there doesn’t seem to be an email address to write to politely vent / request future better things ( eg 12v battery numerical level on the dash and BlueLink app, HV battery temp etc)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My BlueLink app doesn't seem to have a 3D display option.
While on map view It is under menu. Set up my car. Well it is in my Bluelink app, but I believe set up my car was not in menu before updates to car and app. My app version is 1.5.9
Now don't forget my car had updates applied at the same time as brake recall visit, one of which was the Satnav. I think that has resulted in the problem.
So now if on the head unit I set the Navigation display to 3d it displays in 3d until next power up when it displays heading up.
If I set it to 3d in the app and then save profile to server. The car connect to server at power, detects the change to settings and asks do I want to download settings from the server. I press yes, it retrieves the settings and the display is 3d. Then at next power up it is heading up again.
I have given up on it now, everything else works regarding the app and syncing settings to the server which the car retrieves when altered. Also the back ups work.
Perhaps when other users have updates to car and app they can report the same problem or that everything is ok.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh
10 Posts
While on map view It is under menu. Set up my car. Well it is in my Bluelink app, but I believe set up my car was not in menu before updates to car and app. My app version is 1.5.9
Now don't forget my car had updates applied at the same time as brake recall visit, one of which was the Satnav. I think that has resulted in the problem.
So now if on the head unit I set the Navigation display to 3d it displays in 3d until next power up when it displays heading up.
If I set it to 3d in the app and then save profile to server. The car connect to server at power, detects the change to settings and asks do I want to download settings from the server. I press yes, it retrieves the settings and the display is 3d. Then at next power up it is heading up again.
I have given up on it now, everything else works regarding the app and syncing settings to the server which the car retrieves when altered. Also the back ups work.
Perhaps when other users have updates to car and app they can report the same problem or that everything is ok.
I also have BlueLink version 1.5.9 but I don't see an option for 3D display. Neither do I see set up my car menu.

Just to add my Kona was only delivered on the 5th Jan this year so could be set up slightly different to yours.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have BlueLink version 1.5.9 but I don't see an option for 3D display. Neither do I see set up my car menu.

Just to add my Kona was only delivered on the 5th Jan this year so could be set up slightly different to yours.
Well just my luck. I am the only Kona driver that has the options in Bluelink. Just to clarify If I open Bluelink app then go to map view then the three lines at the top left. I have the following options.
My account. Vehicle report. EV service. Settings. Set up my car. Inbox and lastly Help.
Under Set up my car. The options are
Vehicle data management. Photo view/change. Change vehicle settings.

Vehicle data management enable you to back up settings to/from the car.
Photo view change enable me to add any photo I like to my profile on the head screen. Instead of the stupid inbuilt pictures.
Change vehicle settings does what it says and changes the vehicles settings. Phone connection-date time settings-general settings-sound settings-display settings-voice recognition settings-navigation settings and bluetooth settings.
Oh and something else I have found out. When in the car and I press media button. I now have an in built selection of new visual effects to watch on my screen.
I camped in the car the other night and it was in utility mode and I chose to have the log fire displayed, it really warmed me up but the crackling of the fire is irritating.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car was updated and as in another thread I described how on the head screen I was now faced with Driver 1 Driver 2 and Guest.
Driver 1 is me but now renamed and a self loaded picture to my profile. Driver 2 is my wife who has done the same.
I can only assume that when the car was updated and connected to the server then the app updated because it recognised the new update with profiles.
So in my Bluelink app I can change my profile settings and the wife can change her settings in her Bluelink app.
By the way if you get this update which then gives you profiles, don't add a password. I did and then had to enter it at every power up (what a pain that was). I have now removed it, but will set up another when the car goes in for service and then remove it again.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh
10 Posts
Well just my luck. I am the only Kona driver that has the options in Bluelink. Just to clarify If I open Bluelink app then go to map view then the three lines at the top left. I have the following options.
My account. Vehicle report. EV service. Settings. Set up my car. Inbox and lastly Help.
Under Set up my car. The options are
Vehicle data management. Photo view/change. Change vehicle settings.
This is what I get when i tap the three lines at the top left.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
389 Posts
At least you have Bluelink....us old lags (2019 model here) have no such luxuries :ROFLMAO:
Mind you, we had the 20k service this week, & the map looked like it had received a fresh makeover during the update. Very swish!
Not looked for 3D - partly ‘cos, let’s be honest, we aren’t travelling anywhere different or interesting (COVID!), but mostly because I still prefer Waze on the phone!

Reactions: Signpost
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.