Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Interesting. Personally I am waiting on the M4 Reading install as currently planned by GridServe/Ecotricity. Will make the Cardiff to London trek do-able in a relatively small battery EV (under 60 kWh) with 1 stop. Only 10 chargers though on planning app. I was hoping for 12+. Beggars can't be choosers.
Hopefully then more will appear at Membury, Chievely, and Leigh Delamere MSAs in time.
And then hopefully Wales in general West and North of Cardiff to enable EV travel all over Wales.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,656 Posts
The link to the Voltonomics website shows a map, with a green LIVE symbol for what seems to be M40 Cherwell Valley. But zap map says 2 devices.
That ain't the size of show I thought they meant eg ----- size of Moto at Rugby etc.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
52 Posts
The link to the Voltonomics website shows a map, with a green LIVE symbol for what seems to be M40 Cherwell Valley. But zap map says 2 devices.
That ain't the size of show I thought they meant eg ----- size of Moto at Rugby etc.
Cherwell is where they have swapped out one of the units as part of the ecotricity/ grid serve collaboration to replace all existing ecotricity units by the end of this year.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
52 Posts
The deal is to replace all ecotricity units with at least the same number of newer ABB manufacturer units. Where site grid capacity allows they plan to also add additional higher power chargers 150kw+ in greater numbers (say 6-12 per site)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,182 Posts
Gridserve plan to swap out all 281 existing EH rapids for new ones, and also add large banks of rapids like Rugby to Reading, Thurrock and Exeter by the end of this year.
Other service areas will also be expanded over the next couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts