Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m looking to buy a used E-Up! But the owner has misplaced the Maps and More sat nav. I can pick up standard ICU Up! units from eBay. Does anyone know if it’s possible to replace the software from the ICU version to the electric version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes I did just that. From memory it involved wiping the device plugging it into the car for them to "link" and then connecting it to the computer to load the appropriate software. I had to hunt online for instructions how to do it but it was just the same process as for a fossil Up getting a new head unit. It's the linking it with the car that then tells the software on the PC what to download if that makes sense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trapdoor. When you say “wiping the device” do you mean removing the software from the device while it’s plugged into a computer or just resetting it and then plugging it in?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It was a while ago but I think when plugged into the computer it was either restore from a back up or set up as a new device or something, as I didn't have a backup I had to choose the set up as new it then was when I first plugged it into the car that it "linked" with that model and then had the correct options. I found instructions online I'm not sure it was entirely obvious the steps to take without the instructions. Sorry i'm not more help but this may help.
maps + more - Garminhttps://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem/vw/docs/UserManualUK.pdf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a while ago but I think when plugged into the computer it was either restore from a back up or set up as a new device or something, as I didn't have a backup I had to choose the set up as new it then was when I first plugged it into the car that it "linked" with that model and then had the correct options. I found instructions online I'm not sure it was entirely obvious the steps to take without the instructions. Sorry i'm not more help but this may help.
maps + more - Garminhttps://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem/vw/docs/UserManualUK.pdf
Thanks Trapdoor. I’ll have a search around and see what I can find. :)

I’ve noticed that my sat nav for my ICE Up! Is branded Navigon. Not sure if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I’ve just managed to pick up a used Garmin Maps & More from an ICE Up. I think what you’re saying is I’d need to format the Garmin with a PC and then restore with my Mac via the Fresh app?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts