Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, everyone
I definitely do not get indication of speed cameras or bongs in my 4+. I deliberately drove past one on my side of the road. Nothing, zilch, nada.
I don't want to drive faster than the speed limit, but I do want to know when there is a safety camera about.
How do I switch this information on, please. I thought it was on by default.
Thanks
Silverback

17:53 OK - found it. Speed Camera setting not ticked in Map setting on the infotainment system. It is, now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tested the configuration today. A satisfyingly loud 'Bong' on approach to the speed camera. Interestingly, this happened in both directions i.e. when nearest to the camera and then when approaching it from the other direction.
Happy bunny, now.(y)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the speed camera warnings on the native nav are pretty good in terms of time of alert before and immediately end when passed. However...

In Brighton we have a an average 30mph speed limit on the seafront road going East. There is also a 20mph parallel rd over the same distance. Sometimes the nav gets confused when I'm on the 20mph rd thinking it has a camera so any touch over (speedo) 22mph brings perpetual bongs.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
895 Posts
I think the speed camera warnings on the native nav are pretty good in terms of time of alert before and immediately end when passed. However...

In Brighton we have a an average 30mph speed limit on the seafront road going East. There is also a 20mph parallel rd over the same distance. Sometimes the nav gets confused when I'm on the 20mph rd thinking it has a camera so any touch over (speedo) 22mph brings perpetual bongs.
Never mind, it’ll be great for your mi/kWh figures :ROFLMAO:
I think you can change the warning distance setting. Maybe set it shorter might help??
Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts