Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm new to the forum and recently bought a used Q210 Zoe.

Earlier this week, the maps suddenly disappeared. I had resumed my journey after a charging stop and immediately discovered that the screen controls had stopped working (no touch, no audio volume, etc.). Punched a few buttons and the system appeared to reboot but this time no maps appeared. Now, the system consistently reports "no maps found" despite removing and reinserting the SD card multiple time. This may or may not be relevant, but the catch on the SD reader does not work so the card has been wedged in with a slip of paper (as suggested elsewhere in this forum).

I have downloaded the RLink software but thought I would ask for advice before trying to update the SD card. Has anyone come across this problem before? Will the RLink software be able to recover the maps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

·
Zoe Devotee
9,112 Posts
Sounds like the previous owner broke the retaining clip. The car is push in to remove, they've probably yanked it straight out. Hence the inability to secure the card. The car isn't designed to be removed frequently, you need to safely eject the card (press the + button at bottom right of screen). If you remove it when its writing to the car (could be any time) it can corrupt the SD card. DO NOT FORMAT THE CARD.

If you used Rlink toolbox on a PC to install one of the crappy apps then the toolbox by default (unless you disabled it) will have taken a backup of the card. Use Rlink toolbox to restore the card. If that doesn't work then you'll need to buy a new card from Renault. About £50.

I published a guide on how to clone your SD cards, it includes how to create a virgin TOMTOM card too (but you need to have a backup of your own maps or its no use). The guide is in the Zoe section on here if you search or @yoh-there subsequently published a simplified version over on the CanZE site which is a bit less wordy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Zoe (2018) came up with “no maps found” in December. We tried everything, but the card would not work. The r-Link helpline provided support, but in the end it was decided the card was compromised and I received a replacement. It took a while of negotiation with Customer Services, but eventually I received the new card under warranty, free of charge. The new card works fine. Actually, the maps are more up-to-date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Sandy and Calico.

I have not yet used RLink toolbox software so no backup available. I thought I should check here before doing this in case there were other approaches I should try first. I'll give this a go to see if it solves the problem.

If I do end up having to contact customer services, what is the best number/contact to use? Will it make a difference that the car is 3rd-user and out of warranty?

·
Registered
128 Posts
R-Link Helpline gave really good support. But they needed me to get Customer Services to confirm that the car was still under warranty. Which let to me being sent in circles on the phone. The new card would have cost just £35. So for me, it wasn’t the money, rather that Customer Services being so very annoying made me insist. R-Link Helpline were really great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried the R-Link software and it says "This R-Link memory card has been corrupted". Customer services?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,112 Posts
Tried the R-Link software and it says "This R-Link memory card has been corrupted". Customer services?
That's your best bet.

Anyone who buys a Zoe the first thing they should do is get rlink toolbox installed and get a backup taken of the SD card. They are not particularly prone to corruption, but when they do you need a backup to repair, or you have to buy a new card. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just spent a very pleasant 20 mins on the phone with Andrea from the Renault Multimedia Team (0344 369 0000) who talked me through all possible checks, inside the car and online, before finally confirming that the card is definitely dead and needs to be replaced. She also got me registered on the R-Link store and could not have been more helpful.

She is now going to find out whether she is able to send a free replacement for the card. If not, worst case is I have to buy a new one, which I can live with, since it will include updated maps.

The other good news is that, because none of the previous keepers activated the R-Link services, I can have these for free, despite the fact that the car is over 5 years old.

Thanks for you help. I will send another update once everything us resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts