Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Waze for the most part, so it's not a huge deal.

But do you think I should get this message after 4 days? Maps out of date? Who should I go to for an update given this is a lease from Arval, otherwise I'd harass the dealer.

I'm assuming there's no OTA update.

And while I'm here, I've noticed the built in navigation always reads 30mph as 47 (km presumably), but every other speed it displays correctly in MPH. Anyone else?

Thanks 馃憤

Registered
I've had that a few times recently, I have the update from November. Android auto is a decent replacement but keeps disconnecting! I've certainly found the routing on the satnav to be terrible recently.

Premium Member
2014 Model S
Who provides the maps? Most are either TomTom or HERE. Might be downloadable off Kia website or map providers website. Otherwise it's a dealer install which Kia dealers try and stiff you for.

Registered
If it's anything like the Nissan Leaf, then the satnav unit has it's own selection of user preference of units, which is different from the main dashboard, and odds are it doesn't have the option for metric distances and imperial speed limit displays, unlike many standalone satnav units. It might strangely be tied to the choice of language.
I remember when Ireland was changing from miles to km on their road signs, they did most of the distance signs first in km, then left the speed limit signs to last, which is why if you look at their road signs today, they explicitly show km or km/h, and this is why real satnav systems support different units for speed and distance.

Registered
You can set the units in the Sat Nav settings. As for updating the maps and software, you have 3 options. Ask your lease company to book it into a dealer to update it (likely to cost 拢40), get a dealer to update it during an annual service (might chuck it in for free, might charge 拢40), or update it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts