Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a link to what seems to be the latest Kia e-Niro widescreen updates (file name EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210303.zip).
However, after downloading the file and unzipping it I see it contains the following folder and files:-
HU (folder)
.lge.upgrade.xml
AppUpgrade
Solaris_RU.ver
The Solaris file appears to point to folders with the \RU\ designation.
Before I attempt to install it, does anybody know if this is the genuine EU update - or is it more likely to be the Russian one that was recently made available on the Russian upgrade portal of the Kia update site (Official Kia - Navigation Update Website)

·
Registered
620 Posts
That .ver file almost certainly doesn't do anything since it wasn't present in the previous upgrade pack. You'd have to check the contents of HU to be sure. For example, is there an HU/images/navi_eu directory? Is there an HU/firmware/modem/eu/modem_eu.tar.gz file?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,521 Posts
On the Korean website, there is a March 2021 update, listed as 2021-03-30.

Does not list any of the EV's though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ours is in for a replacement PTC heater at the moment.

Service Manager wants to update to the most recent software version, the one you mention, but Kia have told dealers they’ve pulled it for the time being as apparently there are some bugs/issues with it.

Car’s staying put until it’s done as the hope is it’ll also fix the cabin pre-heating which has never worked since delivery in November.

I’d wait if I were you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
........ Service Manager wants to update to the most recent software version, the one you mention, but Kia have told dealers they’ve pulled it for the time being as apparently there are some bugs/issues with it.
No, apparently that is the last one according to Kia UK - the one with the purple hue and reduced the split screen from 3 to 2.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
649 Posts
You daredevil you. I am too afraid of bricking it, but split AA is tempting. Could you post some pics?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,521 Posts
What does the home screen look like?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Home Screen (slightly nicer to be honest, map is a bit more visible):
20210411_183010.jpg

Version Number
20210411_182405.jpg

Only obvious new things are valet mode and I've been able to link my calendar (via Uvo app).
20210411_182420.jpg

Oh yeah and split screen Android Auto. Apologies for the weird angle; my USB cable is a bit short for taking pictures of the screen with my phone whilst it's plugged in.
20210411_182524.jpg

20210411_182559 edit.jpg

·
Registered
620 Posts
You daredevil you. I am too afraid of bricking it, but split AA is tempting. Could you post some pics?
I don't think there's much chance of bricking it; others have reported error messages when using the wrong files, for example.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
649 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Split AA. How wonderful. But that colour! Just by watching the pics I am sure I have developed 3 cavities. My dentist will have a ball next time I visit him.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's this not the update some of us did last year? AA can already can have split screen with a widget in the right 1/3.

Any chance we can have the version number posted?

Edit: found version number in thread posted, will compare with mine later

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's this not the update some of us did last year? AA can already can have split screen with a widget in the right 1/3.

Any chance we can have the version number posted?

Edit: found version number in thread posted, will compare with mine later
You're probably thinking of the US version of the 09/2020 update. The EU 09/2020 version does not have usable AA split-screen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're probably thinking of the US version of the 09/2020 update. The EU 09/2020 version does not have usable AA split-screen.
Yes you're right my bad, I thought we could. As a historic waze user I detest the 2/3 AA screen so much that i stick to the stock Nav full screen - was confusing with that. Ta.

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
Valet mode sounds like it could be useful, and that map does look more visible on the home screen, but not by much!

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
Well just DL'd it, I'll give it a bash later

1 - 20 of 115 Posts