Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a link to what seems to be the latest Kia e-Niro widescreen updates (file name EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210303.zip).
However, after downloading the file and unzipping it I see it contains the following folder and files:-
HU (folder)
.lge.upgrade.xml
AppUpgrade
Solaris_RU.ver
The Solaris file appears to point to folders with the \RU\ designation.
Before I attempt to install it, does anybody know if this is the genuine EU update - or is it more likely to be the Russian one that was recently made available on the Russian upgrade portal of the Kia update site (Official Kia - Navigation Update Website)

·
Registered
768 Posts
That .ver file almost certainly doesn't do anything since it wasn't present in the previous upgrade pack. You'd have to check the contents of HU to be sure. For example, is there an HU/images/navi_eu directory? Is there an HU/firmware/modem/eu/modem_eu.tar.gz file?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
3,515 Posts
On the Korean website, there is a March 2021 update, listed as 2021-03-30.

Does not list any of the EV's though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ours is in for a replacement PTC heater at the moment.

Service Manager wants to update to the most recent software version, the one you mention, but Kia have told dealers they’ve pulled it for the time being as apparently there are some bugs/issues with it.

Car’s staying put until it’s done as the hope is it’ll also fix the cabin pre-heating which has never worked since delivery in November.

I’d wait if I were you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
........ Service Manager wants to update to the most recent software version, the one you mention, but Kia have told dealers they’ve pulled it for the time being as apparently there are some bugs/issues with it.
No, apparently that is the last one according to Kia UK - the one with the purple hue and reduced the split screen from 3 to 2.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Home Screen (slightly nicer to be honest, map is a bit more visible):
Light Sky Rectangle Font Line

Version Number
Sky Font Cloud Electronic device Space

Only obvious new things are valet mode and I've been able to link my calendar (via Uvo app).
Font Material property Technology Display device Electronic device

Oh yeah and split screen Android Auto. Apologies for the weird angle; my USB cable is a bit short for taking pictures of the screen with my phone whilst it's plugged in.
Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Gadget

Audio equipment Font Electronic device Gadget Technology

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
1,849 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Split AA. How wonderful. But that colour! Just by watching the pics I am sure I have developed 3 cavities. My dentist will have a ball next time I visit him.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's this not the update some of us did last year? AA can already can have split screen with a widget in the right 1/3.

Any chance we can have the version number posted?

Edit: found version number in thread posted, will compare with mine later

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's this not the update some of us did last year? AA can already can have split screen with a widget in the right 1/3.

Any chance we can have the version number posted?

Edit: found version number in thread posted, will compare with mine later
You're probably thinking of the US version of the 09/2020 update. The EU 09/2020 version does not have usable AA split-screen.

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts
Valet mode sounds like it could be useful, and that map does look more visible on the home screen, but not by much!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.