Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fair enough. Any faster at booting up? I have to wait an age before I can hit the confirm button on mine now.
A bit quicker, yes. Mine was already fairly speedy with the last update (about 10 seconds from powering on the car to being able to access the menus). It's now sub-10. That time includes the confirm button automatically clearing itself.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Fair enough. Any faster at booting up? I have to wait an age before I can hit the confirm button on mine now.
I highly doubt it. Every update comes with people saying it's more responsive but it's probably just placebo. The confirm button will probably still take ages to come up sometimes.

The changelog says they've changed the phone priority screen a bit - hopefully this means the priority list actually works properly now. Before it did sod all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I highly doubt it. Every update comes with people saying it's more responsive but it's probably just placebo. The confirm button will probably still take ages to come up sometimes.
I timed mine while I was out and about this morning (no, I didn't have anything better to do). Sub-10 seconds from switching on the car to being able to use the screen, five times in a row. It's definitely a bit quicker than the last update (I timed that one, too). I know, I know: a second is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. I ran the last update for just over a month and that never took longer than 10 seconds for the confirm button to clear.

Have you got a Kia or a Hyundai?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I timed mine while I was out and about this morning (no, I didn't have anything better to do). Sub-10 seconds from switching on the car to being able to use the screen, five times in a row. It's definitely a bit quicker than the last update (I timed that one, too). I know, I know: a second is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. I ran the last update for just over a month and that never took longer than 10 seconds for the confirm button to clear.

Have you got a Kia or a Hyundai?
Kia e-Niro 4 trim (although currently being repaired so can't update it).

I'll probably be applying the Gen 5 (non-wide) update to my wife's i30 today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
After a couple of Days on the latest update I can say the starting warning screen clears significantly quicker. There appears to be a new priority for the split screen, it puts battery state top by default, I've changed that back to my media information.

May be just me but the 3D map appears to show slightly less sky, the maps are still out of date with a Roundabout I use on a relatively new Bypass still showing as under construction.

It did reset my Charging times, so it started charging immediately rather than waiting for Economy 7, lucky I spotted that before it cost too much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what would happen if an update went wrong? would the car work? or is there something like a hidden storage with the stock version?

·
Registered
27 Posts
what would happen if an update went wrong? would the car work? or is there something like a hidden storage with the stock version?
The car will check the validity of the update through file checksums before applying it. I believe the only way to brick your unit would be to power off mid-update.

·
Registered
e-Soul 64kWh
1 Posts
Something is wrong with the May update. For me and my friend from the Polish forum, we have the following situation:

1. After setting the on and off hours of charging, a moment is ok - until the first scheduled charging and then the schedule turns off.
2. History of energy consumption: until the update I had a consumption of 13-16 kW / 100 km, after the update it fell to 7-8 kW / 100km (which of course is not true because the clocks are still around 14kW).

Anyone have the same?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY21
1 Posts
After setting the on and off hours of charging, a moment is ok - until the first scheduled charging and then the schedule turns off.
Yes, had to register because I was searching help for this exact problem.

I only recently got myself a 3x16A charger and now wish to schedule charging to happen at nighttime to avoid blowing main fuses.

But this schedule does not seem to work. It might stick for few days, but eventually car forgets time limits. Really annoying!

I hope that new software comes soon and fixes this.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yes, had to register because I was searching help for this exact problem.

I only recently got myself a 3x16A charger and now wish to schedule charging to happen at nighttime to avoid blowing main fuses.

But this schedule does not seem to work. It might stick for few days, but eventually car forgets time limits. Really annoying!

I hope that new software comes soon and fixes this.
I got fed up with this, so in the end switched back to allowing the car to organise the scheduling - works perfectly and charges 100% of the time that I plug the car in.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
327 Posts
My car schedule freaked out yesterday, set for 21.30 start and checked before plugging in, it started at 15.50. Looked in EV menu still showing ok, not on May update yet, very strange.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had mine "forget" the charging schedule a few times. It did forget twice after the update but it also seems to forget every time there is an update with the UVO app as well

101 - 115 of 115 Posts