Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting my new e-niro in a few days, and i'm afraid it won't be updated and i'll still miss the split screen in AA. I now read this forum and I'm scared sh*tless i'll brick my system :) So just to be sure: This works on a Kia e-niro MY21?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, sorry if this was asked before, but could someone explain how to/where to download this update from and then how to install it in the car?:unsure:

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,724 Posts
I'm getting my new e-niro in a few days, and i'm afraid it won't be updated and i'll still miss the split screen in AA. I now read this forum and I'm scared sh*tless i'll brick my system :) So just to be sure: This works on a Kia e-niro MY21?
If you are getting a new car, don't accept it without the latest updates from the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good point. But where can I find out what the latest update is for the '21 eniro? Because I checked update.kia.com and they only mentioned an update in April for the '19 and '20 models.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,724 Posts
@DZ14 I would say it is more important to check and see what firmware the car has. Then try and get the dealer to install the latest, that they can get officially.

Beyond that, you can update the car on your own and at your own risk, with the files available here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, sorry if this was asked before, but could someone explain how to/where to download this update from and then how to install it in the car?:unsure:
I also would be very grateful for this . Is there a link to a how to guide anywhere?. I have installed the KIA updater for windows but it doesn't have the European or UK as an option and the Niro doesn't appear on the list of Russian and CIS models.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I also would be very grateful for this . Is there a link to a how to guide anywhere?. I have installed the KIA updater for windows but it doesn't have the European or UK as an option and the Niro doesn't appear on the list of Russian and CIS models.
Grab the files from either Google Drive or the torrent using these links:

torrent

Extract the contents to a USB stick formatted as FAT32, stick it in the main port of the car, start the car, and choose Quick Update. You can put it in Utility Mode if you're not going for a drive.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thank you. Does that do both the firmware and the maps?
It updates maps and the head unit software. The car's "firmware" is not touched, and probably never would be unless a critical flaw was found. Not even sure if dealers would have access to that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK thanks. Loose language I meant the head unit software, My Niro is the hybrid with a type 5 head unit. I'll give this a try and report back.

·
Registered
713 Posts
OK thanks. Loose language I meant the head unit software, My Niro is the hybrid with a type 5 head unit. I'll give this a try and report back.
Note the software I linked to is for Gen 5 WIDE units only (10.5" screen), not Gen 5 STD (8" screen).

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not sure thats the latest version. There seems to be a 210603 rather than the linked 210303
You will need to remove the .txt
Correct, I personally wouldn't recommend any of the May or June versions since they have known bugs, e.g. parking sensors not appearing with the reversing camera for some people and journey history showing incorrect efficiency numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Correct, I personally wouldn't recommend any of the May or June versions since they have known bugs, e.g. parking sensors not appearing with the reversing camera for some people and journey history showing incorrect efficiency numbers.
Hello, what version would you recommend that doesn't have such bugs?

161 - 180 of 207 Posts