·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Any idea of numbers etc yet?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm up for this. Will come down from Edinburgh in one of our LEAF's to look for advice on our Electric Buggy project (which we're running in conjunction with Eco Funky Travel).

At present 'BRUCE' is a glorified Golf-cart using 6x 12v 100Ahr AGM batteries, and it's far too heavy for its intended use on the Isle of Eigg. It does tow a trailer, but we have had difficulties with cutting out, poor performance, low rage, and lack of torque.

We're aiming to make BRUCE more practical by shifting to Lithium batteries or similar, plus doing more to weather proof it for a life in rough environments. Our students have already been involved with the project from the get-go as it's a valuable and inspirational educational tool, so I'm keen to make it the best it possibly can be for their sakes, plus so that it can be a proper alternative to clapped out diesels in rural areas.

View attachment 2476
Hi Bob, are you still coming down to show your EV Buggy at the EVolution Show on Sunday 29th March from 1pm? :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
EVolution Show flier to share and promote the show to your EV friends, EV Conversion aspirers and anyone interested in electric and sustainable transport or technology...... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Bob, are you still coming down to show your EV Buggy at the EVolution Show on Sunday 29th March from 1pm? :)
Hi Cara, the buggy will not make it. The costs of flatbedding it from Edinburgh, plus the remedial work necessary to ensure its safe and reliable operation, are too high.

I still hope to make a long distance trip to the event in one of our LEAFs though and look forwards to discussing the buggy with conversion experts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Cara, the buggy will not make it. The costs of flatbedding it from Edinburgh, plus the remedial work necessary to ensure its safe and reliable operation, are too high.

I still hope to make a long distance trip to the event in one of our LEAFs though and look forwards to discussing the buggy with conversion experts.
Hi Bob, shame you can't bring the buggy down for the show but glad you are coming. Look forward to meeting you next month. Maybe you could bring some photos of your conversion? :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here's the programme of talks and presentations at the EVolution Show on Sun 29th March - show opens at 1pm
Please share and bring along your friends/family/colleagues :)

At the show there will be 20+ EV conversions including EVs for land sea and air! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bagsy the Type 2 charger on site (or a 3-pin socket!).
Really sorry but no bagsy for Charging on the day as we have many of the exhibits requiring charging so please plan Charging at other locations as its likely the Charging on site will be in use all afternoon.
Check out Open Charge Map or maybe stay over at a B&B/Hotel with ZCW EV Charging on ZeroNet for other local or on route charging.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Bagsy a 3 pin socket for our moped! ;-)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi @Cara Naden - No worries. I'll be overnighting at Michaelwood Services before heading down to Frome for the day. Had hoped to charge at Bath Uni en-route but their @CYC posts seen to be unserviceable. Got a lot of running about to do in Somerset before the event itself (under orders to pick up some Hecks!) so have multiple RFID cards, apps, and plans ready to put in place. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Many thanks to ZCW and Frome council for making it happen.
Just got back and I definitely second the above comments. I could not get into some of the talks. Too many people interested in these topics. This is not a criticism but a measure of the interest and success:). I had to bail out mid afternoon with a working day tomorrow. Thank you for organising.

The location It is a great advertisement for Frome. It is a good place to stop for lunch with 2 ZCW chargers on site even if you are just passing through (or near).
With new handy rapids at Salisbury and Warminster as well, what a difference 9 months makes.
My trip to the Green fair in Somerset 2014 (and back via BEVoB) was a zig zag across the south to pick up charges.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts