Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised with the lack of publicly available charging facilities in and around Marlow in Buckinghamshire and Henley in Oxfordshire.

Really is nothing and you have to go to Maidenhead and use a Chargemaster in a multi story car park of venture into High Wycombe ( Chargemaster car park again )

Weird especially since Marlow is home to My Electric Avenue
http://myelectricavenue.info/my-electric-avenue-creates-uk’s-first-electric-car-‘street-future’

Just seems to be a dead spot for EV charging

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yup - nothing (I too live in Marlow). The ChargeMaster in High Wycombe is too expensive to be worth it.

To be fair, trips from home to Wycombe and Maidenhead are all within range. If you are desperate there is the Ecotricity Rapid at Beaconsfield services, but that has not been working for a while.

They don't have problems attracting people to park and shop in Marlow, in fact they have trouble having enough spaces as you know!

I live nowhere near the town centre though, so renting out my charge point wouldn't really work...

Interestingly, I tried to get onto the Electric Avenue thing, but all the neighbours I got to sign up were on two different substations (there is a split in the middle of the road) so we weren't eligible :-(

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in Marlow and live in Woodley so not far away but surprised the lack of EV charging points.

The Marlow / Henley / Watlington is a black spot.

Tried to get my company to install charging points but that fell on deaf ears

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
We have friends in Henley, and it always pains me to arrive on petrol and leave on petrol :(
I don't mind a walk, so would happily dump the car in town and leave it for 4 hours before collecting it ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts