Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the car charges with door locked or unlocked, how do you stop the charge to remove the charging cable

·
Zoe Devotee
9,185 Posts
yup, press the unlock on the key fob. Or the button the door if you can run around to the front in less than 2 seconds. :p

I've encountered a funny issue with my home charger where if I leave the car connected all night to let it balance the car will unlock in the morning but the socket stays locked. Seems that as the charger isn't pulling any charge its unaware there is a cable attached (well it is, shows connected when you try to start the car). I found switching off my charger with the key (I've got one of the much hated old chargemaster/polar units) and on again kicks it into life.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
yup, press the unlock on the key fob. Or the button the door if you can run around to the front in less than 2 seconds. :p

I've encountered a funny issue with my home charger where if I leave the car connected all night to let it balance the car will unlock in the morning but the socket stays locked. Seems that as the charger isn't pulling any charge its unaware there is a cable attached (well it is, shows connected when you try to start the car). I found switching off my charger with the key (I've got one of the much hated old chargemaster/polar units) and on again kicks it into life.
This is a known issue with OVMS.... interfering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts