Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meadowhall Regional Shopping Centre

M1 J34 South Yorkshire

Up till now has had 2 7kw posts (Which were Zoe unfriendly), and a 43kw Triple head rapid which was the subject of so many arguments it was unreal. All were free to use.

This week they have opened the new Charging Stations in the GREEN Car Park (Next to Debenhams)

57 7Kw Posts. Free to Use

All Well Marked Bays
Most Are Marked as EV Only and in Green on the floor
3 Disabled Only (Wider Bays)
3 Parent & Child Only (Wider Bays)

All are just plug in and use, no apps or cards needed, free to use with a 4 hour parking limit enforced by warden and tickets

The reason for a 4 hour hour limit is that the rail station is next door and this discourages people dumping cars there for a day or longer while taking the train and keeps the chargers available for shoppers

Big thumbs up to Meadowhall this is the way destination charging should be

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes although not a fan of Meadowhell it is a good start. However, the council in Sheffield instead of cutting down trees with its partner Amey, could do a lot more to develop the charging infrastructure in the centre of Sheffield which is lagging behind many other major cities.

·
That money was just resting in my account!
122 Posts
Up till now has had 2 7kw posts (Which were Zoe unfriendly), and a 43kw Triple head rapid which was the subject of so many arguments it was unreal.
When I had to use this, I met a very nice chap who thought it was OK to stop my charging session to plug in his Tesla. I think he was just too mean to pay for the supercharger 10 minutes up the road.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I had to use this, I met a very nice chap who thought it was OK to stop my charging session to plug in his Tesla. I think he was just too mean to pay for the supercharger 10 minutes up the road.
thats why the rapid charger there is being removed it caused so much trouble and arguments.
A large section of destination chargers makes much more sense

if you are going there shopping you are going to be a couple of hours normally so a rapid is a waste

·
Registered
821 Posts
I was there tonight ( Monday & Tuesday after 5.30 are not that busy ) for around 2 hours & left with a full battery for a 68 mile round trip home,
What i find is that some people are just too lazy to get the type 2 cable from the boot ( Trunk ) and would rather use the AC on the Rapid to trickle charge,
I think that's why Instavolt don't have them on there Rapids,
Thank's to Polar , Podpoint , GeniePoint , Engie, Marston's, Type 2 ( AC43 - 22kW ) live on .

·
Registered
318 Posts
Was passing Meadowhall so stopped to look at the chargers in the Green car park. It is near Debenhams and yes a good set up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Meadowhall Regional Shopping Centre

M1 J34 South Yorkshire

Up till now has had 2 7kw posts (Which were Zoe unfriendly), and a 43kw Triple head rapid which was the subject of so many arguments it was unreal. All were free to use.

This week they have opened the new Charging Stations in the GREEN Car Park (Next to Debenhams)

57 7Kw Posts. Free to Use

All Well Marked Bays
Most Are Marked as EV Only and in Green on the floor
3 Disabled Only (Wider Bays)
3 Parent & Child Only (Wider Bays)

All are just plug in and use, no apps or cards needed, free to use with a 4 hour parking limit enforced by warden and tickets

The reason for a 4 hour hour limit is that the rail station is next door and this discourages people dumping cars there for a day or longer while taking the train and keeps the chargers available for shoppers

Big thumbs up to Meadowhall this is the way destination charging should be
Wow, that really is good. There are a few places like this in London where they have dozens of chargers but none of them are hassle free to use. They are either Polar (requires the app or card) or they are PodPoint (requires the app).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts