Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the charging points through the security barrier are still available/working? Last time I was three of four rapid Chargers were occupied and the fourth one was not working. I called Imotation to report fault but they could not reboot the charger. I left note on two of the cars and they did call me but by then I had made Tibshelf M1 South Services with a estimated range of 11 miles and 9 miles to home. The Woodhall Services South type 2 was not working. At the time I did not have a granny cable but have now acquired one from France via EBay for £290 and have also made a couple of converters so that I can use a 13amp three pin socket, a commando plus of course a Schuko socket.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The 22kw posts at Meadowhall cause me an issue most times on my Zoe...

Strange cause all inmotions other points across the county are all fine!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just to clarify there is only one rapid charger at meadow hall, the other two on the wall are fast chargers. The 3 pin sockets were still working and accessible by paging security at the barrier to service area 7 last week (end of Feb)

Also don't forget Woodall services is up and running again now too

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gazjen, have to excuse as relatively new to EV scene, so was not aware the Inmotion chargers are only fast chargers.

The two times I have tried Woodhall South the charger has not been working.

At Meadowhall I have used both the rapid and one of the fast chargers previously with my Zoe successfully, but not on 17 Feb.

Regarding the 3 pin sockets this is reply from Customer Services on 7 March 2016. Incidentally the reply came just 17 minutes after I emailed them.

Thank you for contacting us regarding our electric car charging facilities.

We only now have the electric car chargers situated in the Orange Car Park (Zone 2) near to the entrance to Next.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

JULIE SIMMONITE
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR

Meadowhall Centre | The Management Suite - 1 The Oasis - Meadowhall Centre - Sheffield - S9 1EP
T 0114 256 8800 F 0114 256 8666 E [email protected]
www.meadowhall.co.uk

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's no problem Bernard, I wasn't having a dig just trying to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet for clarity. :)

Those 3 pin sockets were ideal if you were going to be all day and then you weren't blocking the fast chargers. Seems a backward step to me to remove access.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
They are still there...so can't understand why they wouldn't let you use them if you're going to spend hours in their magnificent retail emporium.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It's no problem Bernard, I wasn't having a dig just trying to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet for clarity. :)

Those 3 pin sockets were ideal if you were going to be all day and then you weren't blocking the fast chargers. Seems a backward step to me to remove access.
As they were the only ones I could use at Meadow Hell I have a better excuse of not going.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There last week with the Zoe, security advise the service area 7 (management suite) chargers are "not currently working".

The rapids rejected our Zoe, so queueing for the rapid it was!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts