Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meat and dairy production is responsible for nearly 15% of all global greenhouse gas emissions and uses over a third of all crops grown for animal feed. Similarly, overfishing and destructive fishing methods are damaging our marine ecosystems.

With our current diets having serious consequences for our heath and the planet, we need to cut down on the amount of meat and fish that we eat. That’s why Young Friends of the Earth are challenging you to take meat and fish off the menu for one month.

We hope that taking part in Meat Free May will help you start your journey towards eating better for yourself and the planet.

http://www.foe.co.uk/page/meat-free-may

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat any seafood (since childhood) and I hardly ever eat meat, I don't think I've had any in April, for example.

This is an interesting idea for a good cause. I wonder how people consume so much meat, so I guess for those that do it'd be a real challenge to cut it out completely for a month!

·
Registered
116 Posts
As a vegan for over 25 years I am so pleased to see one of the green groups finally start to address the decidedly ungreen issues of livestock farming...it's been a long time coming!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts