Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm going to try a downgrade tonight of the software. I have a few issues with the speed limit signs and settings not sticking. The last software I managed to find is from late 2020.

Edit: Well that was quick. They don't allow downgrading :(

·
Registered
Kona64
1,644 Posts
I’m not a lawyer but the screen shot says map updates and you’re asking about Multimedia System update.....

updating a reference file, or, doing a whole windows op sys upgrade
which would you think it less effort, and, less likely to screw up
hence the £99.....

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have noticed that the interface takes longer to boot up. I'm down the road and around the corner before the bluetooth music starts and confirm button appears with the warning about reading the screen whilst driving.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have noticed that the interface takes longer to boot up. I'm down the road and around the corner before the bluetooth music starts and confirm button appears with the warning about reading the screen whilst driving.
That's interesting. The head unit in my Ioniq boots noticeably faster with this update than it did with the first update I put on (October 2020). I get about five seconds of the Confirm screen, then a second or so while it loads the map (the only screen I ever really use) and that's it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Updated.

Nice to see that when filtering charging networks in or out on the map you can now select the major UK networks, Ionity, Polar, Instavolt etc

Not had a detailed play yet but it seems the charger locations have been updated with more added. Hopefully this will become a more regular occurrence as the networks expand quickly.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The latest one is a really good update for me. The system seems to boot up a lot quicker now and I no longer have problems with the speed signs not showing :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't know if any one else has noticed, but under settings/display the option to couple the screen brightness to the cluster brightness has been removed. So the cluster brightness wheel does cluster only.
As per the update page. "The method to manually adjust the screen brightness has been simplified" An improvement? I am not sure until next drive at night.
also a new feature is "Warns the driver when driving the wrong way or on the wrong side of the road" provides a pop up warning on the map screen saying "do not enter this road"

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have the old 8.5" infotainment unit. The Hyundai update software only seems to recognise the USA models, so not tried this.
I tried the Solaris_SD_Card_RUS.zip which looks like it's for the 8.5" units, but the infotainment didn't recognise it as a valid update

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE MY20.5
26 Posts
Not sure what I'm doing wrong with this update, I've tried downloading 3 times now, from both the Google link and the Swisstransfer site, and each time I get the same result.

It unzips to a Folder named Palisade_RUS, and in that folder there are only 2 files, .lge.upgrade.xml and AppUpgrade plus a folder names HU. The download is over 27Gb, but unzips to just under 7Gb? I think there should be a file called EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513, but there isn't, when I put it into the car, the system says there are missing files.

I had no problem with the previous update, I'm using a mac, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Not sure what I'm doing wrong with this update, I've tried downloading 3 times now, from both the Google link and the Swisstransfer site, and each time I get the same result.

It unzips to a Folder named Palisade_RUS, and in that folder there are only 2 files, .lge.upgrade.xml and AppUpgrade plus a folder names HU. The download is over 27Gb, but unzips to just under 7Gb? I think there should be a file called EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513, but there isn't, when I put it into the car, the system says there are missing files.

I had no problem with the previous update, I'm using a mac, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
are you exposing the hidden files once you have extracted it if you are moving it to a usb stick rather than extracting it directly to the stick

conmand shift .

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE MY20.5
26 Posts
are you exposing the hidden files once you have extracted it if you are moving it to a usb stick rather than extracting it directly to the stick

conmand shift .
Yes

I'm downloading to a hard drive, and then copying all the files including the hidden ones to a USB stick, but not the outer folder, last time that meant there were 4 items on the USB, this time I only have 3?

81 - 100 of 129 Posts